Tuesday, January 04, 2011

ok, ok

So way back 5 years ago when my wonderful friend Eliza set this blog up as an attempt to keep up with my family better, and Kirby was not yet a year old, and Bennett was just a though (yes, we had already started trying to get pregnant with #2 before #1 was a year old cause back then parenting seemed easy peasy), and Judah wasn't even quite a thought and I was just learning the art of a run on sentence, I had wonderful dreams of being a fantastic blogger.  I've had good blogging seasons and I've had bad blogging seasons.  I like to think of those bad blogging seasons as really busy and wonderful real life seasons in which living was more important that writing about it.  You know what I mean, the moments you will never forget, whether you blogged about them or not.  I've tried to do my best to keep up with the main events, but I realized that two posts in the past 4 months is like a fourth of my wonderful Judah's life and you've just plain missed out.

So, because I'm worried that in 10 years when my boys are all taller than me, and in 15 years when they are making monthly visits to the crazy house to see me because them growing up too fast drove me insane, I won't remember that Judah finally started walking at almost 16 months because I NEVER WROTE IT DOWN! This is not a New Year's Resolution but a DECLARATION. I must be better at blogging. So in the next couple of days, before I start back to classes, I'm going to sort through pictures (did I mention my parents gave Stan--read:ME--a new camera for Christmas??) and do some posting. Maybe a little catching up, but mostly just some moving forward...cause that's what you do during the new year.


And because the handsomeness that I live with is just too much not to share, I leave you with promises of more to come and these...


1 comment:

Jason and Kathleen said...

oh my goodness.....i think kirby will be taller than aunt kitty before this summer. you do live with a lot of handsomeness.