Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bennett

I promised updates on the boys, and since he's always stuck in the middle, I decided to start with Bennett.  My sweet, sweet Bennett.

This crazy boy has done a lot of growing up in the last few months.  Once he finally realized he didn't have to be just like big brother he really matured and has developed such a fun and loving personality.  Just tonight while I was getting Judah dressed for bed and he and Kirby were waiting for their good night kisses he said 'Mommy, you are my best friend'.

My goodness I love that kid!

Such a poser!

On December 12th Bennett turned 4.  He wanted dirt cake (or worm cake as he liked to call it).  Unfortunately he didn't like the worm cake as much as he thought he would.  This boy has some finicky taste buds at times...some sweets he likes, some he doesn't.  He was fine just picking out the worms and giving the rest to Kirby (which later made Kirby sick...but that's a different story). 

Bennett LOVES to play dress up.  A friend passed down this Jeff Gordon jumpsuit.  I'll admit that Bennett has probably never watched any part of a NASCAR race, and has no idea at all who Jeff Gordon really is.  However, my mom found this Jeff Gordon coloring book and thought it was too funny.  When Bennett first saw it he exclaimed with tremendous delight 'It's ME!!!'  He immediately went to put on his jumpsuit.  Crazy boy.

And because it was a Toy Story Christmas (Buzz and Woody have taken over our home just a tad) he of course got a costume (Kirby got one too).  Some days when I tell him it's time to get dressed he puts on his regular clothes and then just chooses a costume to wear as well (we now have Jeff, Buzz, Spiderman, Superman and a Hockey jersey).  I think his preference would be to just go ahead and skip the regular clothes, but he knows disobedience gets him in trouble.

Oh the silly faces. 

They are never ending.

The child practically potty trained himself...after many attempts to potty train him last spring through early Fall, only being half way successful, I finally told him to let me know when he was ready.  He finally decided he wanted to use the potty and wear underwear everyday and at night.  Just like that.  So we are hoping the same thing happens with thumb sucking.

At a nearby park.

He was playing something and I told him I wanted a picture of his outfit.  He told me he hurt his arm.  This was the best smile he could give me during his 'injury'.  Don't worry, he was just fine. 

It has been super cold here.  Last night after Bennett's bath he was shivering so much.  Stan told him to hurry and get his pajamas on and then to go get by the heater in our room.  He grabbed his blanket and curled up beside it.  He did not want to move.  I think he would have slept right there all night if we would have let him. 

And so this is Bennett.  My funny Benny Boy.  I wish you could all get the chance to spend just a few minutes with him. 

1 comment:

Jason and Kathleen said...

so glad he came into his own. He is so cute.