Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kirby's Day

The big day is finally here!  Kirby is five.  Hard to believe!

He had a great day and he really enjoyed deciding how he would get to spend it.  I didn't get pictures of the first part of the day but Kirby chose blueberry muffins for breakfast.  Then he wanted to watch Thomas.  His morning was full of phone calls and Skypes from all his grandparents.

For dinner Kirby asked for cheese pizza.  Not to mention that for as long as he can remember he has wanted to try soda and we have always told him that he could have it when he turned five.  I've been talking up the non-caffinated drinks to eliminate an added eliment to the sugar, and it worked...he chose Sprite.

His first sips.

Enjoying pizza on their new Mickey plates.

Sweet Judah didn't get to have pizza but he loved being a part of the party!

Kirby got a cookie cake.  The icing writing looked a little messed up--I'm a rookie--but Kirby didn't notice.  He just loved that there was a big 5 and a K (well it was his whole name but he always notices the K right off).

He wanted his piece to be the big 5 from the middle!

He has been giving us a birthday wish list for months.  His big two were Bumble Bee and a Doctor's Kit.  It made his day that Grommy and Poppy sent the transformer (may I add that even though it says ages 5+, it's quite challenging and still takes the 36 year old daddy quite a while to 'transform' the thing) and we got him a Dr.'s coat and bag full of goodies.  He also got a really cool tool box from Papa John and Eric while they were visiting and he's excitedly waiting the arrival of his very own package from Granny and Papa.  I have one very happy big boy sleeping accross the hall!   

2 comments:

The Biambys said...

Happy Birthday Kirby! I can't believe he is 5 already. Hope you guys are well.

Jason and Kathleen said...

jas just couldn't understand when i told him Kirby was my first baby. haha. i am so glad you posted pics to quickly! It looks like he had a great day being 5.