On our little mini vacation a few weeks ago we decided to take the boys to the zoo. There are two zoos in KM, the old one inside of town and the new one outside of town. Our original plan was to go to the one outside of town which is more like the animal reserves we are used to in the States, but we found out that would take almost an entire day. Since my boys love their naps I knew that would only end in disaster, especially if they were to walk all day. So we opted for the in town zoo. Judah napped in the Ergo as we walked around. If you are an animal lover you may want to stop here and not look at the pictures. The animals were quite sad and didn't seem to be well taken care of. I'm only glad the boys were too young to notice. To them it was an exciting and wonderful first trip to the zoo.
I think if I leaned over the rail far enough I could have touched this bird (a pelican I think??).
Ducks. There were a lot of ducks. I don't think they have a lot of water in parks so this is a real zoo attraction.

This sad elephant was putting on a show. What you don't see is the trainer and his methods to get this elephant to 'preform'. I didn't stay around very long to watch. Bennett also decided to make his way up into the crowd--this was in an area with bleachers for spectators--and sit with some nice old ladies. We had a few moments of panic but the ladies saw us looking for him and got our attention. We got Bennett and decided it was time to leave.

The boys loved seeing the animals, which was our purpose in going. Let's hope the other zoo redeems our opinion of Chinese animal care.
1 comment:
sweet boys. where was judah?
Post a Comment