Friday, January 08, 2010

Christmas Day

Ooops!  I uploaded the photos DAYS ago and so in my mind I had completed this post.  But then I came to post something else and realized I never finished.  So here are a few photos of our wonderful Christmas...just a few.

The gifts were ready and waiting.  Minus the first gift that was opened but not forgetting the Yak from our friends who took a recent trip to Jong Dian (now known as Shangri La--it's North from where we live and there are apparently a LOT of yaks.  We hope to go visit but will wait till the summer and warmer temperatures.).


The first gift we opened was the baby Jesus for the Nativity set.  The entire time Stan and I were preparing breakfast Kirby sat and stared and the baby Jesus and the Christmas tree.  He was so excited!


The Christ Child is born!


We enjoyed eggs with cheese, bacon and some wonderful bread that a friend baked for us.  After breakfast it was time to open the presents!  Stan and I opened ours from each other the night before so the next morning we could enjoy watching the boys with theirs.

Judah was not quite into it this year.  I'm sure next year he will be in a frenzy with his brothers.


Kirby was happy to show off his gifts for the camera.  This is a shirt from Grommy and Poppy.  They each got one, Bennett's is a monkey hockey player with a black eye--very fitting--and Judah's a monkey race car driver--his is just a little too big.


While we were in Bangkok we found these fun super hero costumes.  We got them and this is what we wrapped up from Granny and Papa Great (they gave us some money to buy gifts for the family instead of trying to send something).  Spiderman and Superman live with us quite often now.  


Bennett had a little bit of an identity crisis that day.  He was both Spiderman and Superman several times and occasionally both at the same time.  We decided it must be exhausting to have two super identities at the same time.  Here he was running around 'flying' screaming out, 'I AM Superman. I AM flying.'


Here are the Supers playing with Judah's new animal train toy.  I guess since Judah is not quite old enough to enjoy it someone should play with it.


That afternoon and evening we hosted our good friend Grant and his visiting father and grandmother for dinner.  I did my first ever Christmas dinner, with a little help from Stan, Grant and his family, and it was wonderful.  We had such an amazing day.

Christmas continued the next day when we received two boxes from America.  Thanks C2!  It was Christmas all over again. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grommy said:
Kirby may look just like Stan, but he is a little Rachel! Loved all the pix and commentary!