December 6th was St, Nicholas Day. Since the 6th fell on a Sunday and one in which we happened to be hosting morning group we decided to celebrate our St. Nicholas day on Saturday the 5th. Since they can't read a calendar yet we didn't think they would know the difference...until they can read this blog that is.
I woke up and made a yummy breakfast of Bacon and Cheese quiche and Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip muffins. The boys really loved it. Then they got to see what was in their stockings. The tradition for St. Nicholas day is to leave your shoes out but we thought it would be fun to do their stockings on that day instead. Kinda combining the old tradition with the modern day Santa type thing. It worked out well. The boys were so excited. Grommy and Poppy called on skype just as they were beginning to look in their stockings so they got to experience it with them.
I think Kirby showed them each individual thing.
Bennett couldn't focus long enough to get to the bottom. He would take something out and get excited and forget there was more. I think he did the same thing last year. :) Funny boy.
Most of the pictures look like this...just their backs. We couldn't get them to look at the camera very much. Judah got a few things in his stocking too like a new teether and a winter hat. Of course he was happy just to watch Kirby and Bennett get excited.
1 comment:
Oh, oh, oh! Your post got me so excited about Christmas! (As if I could be more excited). I love seeing your boys with their stockings full of goodies!
Oh, and when you're back over here, I would like to wake up to a Rachel-made breakfast of bacon and cheese quiche and those delicious sounding muffins. Okay? Thanks! :)
Post a Comment