Potty Training...
So maybe not so much. Bennett just really could care less. We tried several days, different methods...no progress. The way we did it with Kirby didn't work. All the M&Ms in Walmart didn't work. He wants to wear underwear but he doesn't want to always actually use the potty. So we decided to take a break. Cut off the supply of peanut M&Ms and take away Thomas, McQueen and Spiderman and see what happens. We are still gonna talk up using the potty and let him go when asks to go but we aren't going strait to underwear. I don't think I can handle washing it out all day when he just doesn't care. So we will see. His third birthday is coming and it may go with no more progress but Stan and I both decided our sanity is important and we can't force him.
Blue Doggy...
All evening Thursday Kirby talked of nothing else but being a big boy and not sleeping with his blue doggy. All was going really well. And then bed time came. He was so strong at first but after about 15 minutes the tears started. I clearly remember doing the same thing the night I gave up sucking my thumb. But eventually I cried myself to sleep and it was over. But not for Kirby. Two and a half hours later...still crying and calling for his doggy. I went in and got him and brought him to our room. We tried talking with him, encouraging him and reminding him about his big boy surprise when he is done with it all. I asked him if he wanted to pray and ask God to give him strength and courage to make it through the night...no go. All was to no avail. He decided that he would rather wait and give it to me for Christmas. Again, we will see.
Maybe it's not so bad that two of my boys didn't make big steps in growing up this week. I can handle baby steps. I can handle them being little just a tad longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment