Since Bennett's birthday falls right in the midst of Christmas time Stan and I have talked about how important it is to us to let him have a special day that doesn't have to be combined with Christmas type activities. This is especially important to us when he is young and can't fully understand this special season. I don't want him to feel like he is less important to us than his brothers. So anyway, Stan and I planned some fun things to do just in honor of him. So here is a picture documentation of our fun family day in honor of our sweet three-year-old, Bennett.
We got to the corner and I made Stan run back and get the camera. Then we headed off a few blocks down to a newly renovated fancy schmancy hotel.
We got ourselves seated in the new western restaurant. Bennett was excited about his breakfast!
They each had a plate of eggs, bacon and other goodies. Then a plate with fruit and a chocolate doughnut.
And then a bowl of cereal...all topped off with two glasses of milk...each. Did I mention that the buffet was free for small children? The hotel may not be so generous next time cause these boys ate it up. (This is when I made my Friends reference and said 'Here is where I make my money back.')
When we got back from breakfast we had gift time. Kirby and Judah gave Bennett a bucket 'o dinosaurs.
Grommy and Poppy sent a Larry Boy hat and car. The hat has since only left his head for times of bathing and sleeping.
He got a big boy bike from mommy and daddy. I don't think he's totally ready for a big bike but having his own will eliminate the fighting when he wants to give riding a try and doesn't have to go for Kirby's bike. The bike was a little less exciting to him than the hat. Seriously. (This is where I made a second reference to Friends as Bennett spent most of his time walking the bike around like Phoebe...I'm beginning to think I can compare most things in life to a Friends episode.)
After nap we had chocolate cup(a) cakes!
Of course Kirby had to have his turn to be Larry Boy with the super suction ears.
And by default Judah got to try as well.
And for entertainment I will now share Benny's Birthday Blooper...
That morning we wanted to leave the house by about 8:30. Breakfast buffet is served from 7-10 am each day and we needed time to walk there and plenty of time to eat. So at 8:00 I asked the boys to get dressed and for Stan to help Bennett get a new diaper while I nursed Judah and got the two of us dressed. So at 8:30 we were all dressed and ready to head out the door. We ate breakfast and headed back home. We stopped at the milk store to say hello to the owner and see if by chance the milk had come early that day. The owner gave both Kirby and Bennett a little flavored milk drink. Right as we were leaving I noticed that the front of Bennett's pants and all down one leg was wet. I asked Bennett if he had spilled his milk on his pants. He said 'I cold'. As Stan and I tried to figure out how he got wet Stan looked in his pants and discovered Bennett had been going commando all morning without us knowing. Stan thought I had changed Bennett's diaper before I nursed Judah and I thought he had done it while they were getting dressed. In actuality Bennett had removed his own diaper and put pants on in his room before going down to Stan for help. While I appreciate his willingness to dress himself I would better appreciate him just giving in and start going to the potty. Even walking home in the cold wearing pee pee pants didn't encourage him to use the potty. Maybe one day...
3 comments:
That made me laugh extremely hard. Especially since you said commando.
Awww...pee pee pants on your birthday! that is no fun. i love the pics! what a great day.
wow - what a fun day! sounds like an awesome breakfast too - maybe we can visit someday and try it!
Post a Comment