Saturday, November 21, 2009

4 months!

Judah Bear is 4 months old! That's a little nick name we've been trying out lately. Another I've been fond of is Judah Bug and Kirby likes to call him Judah Star (don't know what that's about) and of course there is always JW, which comes out on occasion. I'm telling you that he is the sweetest, cutest, bestest baby EVER! All you mothers out there thinking that about your babies are just plain wrong...ok, that's a bit harsh. I just love this little guy so much!

Current Stats:
Weight: 8.2 kg or 18 lbs 2 oz (not even kidding!)
Height: 26 3/4 inches
Head: 16 inches (a little more maybe, it's so hard to measure his ever moving head)

He has found that left thumb and doing his darnedest to suck it all the while Stan and I are doing our darnedest to keep him from starting and to use a paci. I already have two thumb suckers that will probably be going to college still with a thumb in their mouth. I'm not sure we see much success in our future for this battle.
What is Judah up to?

-You talk non stop. Your baby babbles make us all so happy. Is it possible for you to talk more than Kirby???
-You will stay on your tummy for a few minutes to play but quickly get tired...I know, that head is so heavy.
-You are well loved by your bothers. You get more kisses and hugs than anyone else in the family. Most likely the reason that you have already had two respiratory infections...those brothers like to share germs too.
-You don't roll over yet but do go from side to side...it's ok, mommy isn't ready to have another one on the go.
-Now you are nursing 5 times a day, sleeping almost 10 hours at night and taking two 2 hour naps and one cat nap in the late afternoon/evening. You don't like that third nap so I just let you doze in the bouncy seat instead of scream your head off in your bed. Also I don't see starting solids any time soon...I think nursing is keeping you plenty satisfied.
-You are quite ticklish. If you are in the right mood we can get you cackling like an old woman.
-You are loved more than you can know!
'No more pictures mom...'

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Yeah, I'll say he's plenty satisfied! Eighteen pounds??? That is awesome!

Kellie said...

Way to go Judah! And I thought my back hurt after carrying around my 11 lb 2 month old all day! Wow! I can't wait for those sweet babbles - and the priceless love of siblings is wonderful. Thanks for sharing Rachel!