Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Sick Judah

We had a little bit of a scare with Judah this week. He got his second cold in less than 2 months. Both times it turned into a respiratory issue but this time his breathing was really labored and I could most definitely hear wheezing. He was coughing some but not enough to get rid of the junk in his lungs.

By Sunday I was getting more worried so I sent in an inquiry with our pediatrician consultant. He was concerned and had me do respiratory counts and such for him. Judah definitely had a very high rate (about 60, high 20's-low 30's is normal for his age). The Dr.'s first thought was that Judah had RSV, I don't think this is the case because he didn't have a fever or any other typical things going on other than the breathing issues. He was eating fine and still sleeping well for the most part. When I told the Dr. that we had a nebulizer and albuterol he told us to start him on that before we decided if a trip to Hong Kong would be necessary.

Poor baby, crying until he got used to something being held to his face.
Then he was all smiles! I've never seen a sick child smile so much.
For the first time ever I was somewhat thankful that we had been through this with Kirby (even though he was much older) and that we had the appropriate equipment to do all that we could for Judah. I would never wish this on anyone, especially my own children, but if it had not been for Kirby's history then it would have required a scary trip to HK. It amazes me how God provides way ahead of time, even when we have no idea He is. Especially since I almost didn't buy a nebulizer that would work for 220 voltage when we were in Thailand in February. I tried to talk myself out of it and at the last minute something told to get it 'just in case'.

Even in scary times God is good. I praise him today and always!
We aren't completely through with this for Judah but he is definitely recovering.

1 comment:

Lora said...

I'm glad you had the neb! Smooches to sweet Judah, he is so cute!!!