Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Potty Training!

So here we go again. Potty training day 1 for Bennett. Since his interest got peaked we decided to go with it. We were down to just a few diapers so why not? We are using Peanut M&Ms as motivation, cause let's be honest Bennett is much like his mommy and very much motivated by food. We've had one accident today but several successful trips to the potty, including one where he told us he had to go. Stan will be home with us until the Monday after Thanksgiving so that gives us two weeks to try to get this down. We did the 'Potty Training in One Day' thing with Kirby but it was really like one good week of consistency with him and while we are using the same principles with Bennett he is much more stubborn so I'm preparing myself. This time around I'm trying to be less uptight about the whole thing and save myself unneeded stress. I mean if we aren't successful this week then he probably won't go to college still wearing pull ups...right?

1 comment:

The Parrish Family said...

I love you!! We have been successful with Lulu BUT she still likes to #2 in her pants. We tried the food thing to but I got tired of giving each time so now she just go. SHe even wakes me up in the middle of the night to go. I guess it just comes with time. I will say a prayer that Bennett gets the hang of it quickly!! P.S. My daughter also likes to see every bathroom of every place we go to...seriously...every bathroom.