Friday, November 13, 2009

It finally happened

Somehow Kirby convinced Bennett that he needed to wear underwear to bed last night. Kirby has had this in his mind ever since Bennett got said underwear, but Bennett just wasn't having it. He has been occasionally known to 'go' on the potty but underwear was not touching him. So last night when naked Benny came downstairs holding a pair of Thomas briefs and telling us he wanted to wear them we were so very glad. Only I wasn't so sure his first time in underwear should be at bedtime. So he wore them over his diaper. We'll see the next steps that come along in this process but it should be noted that exactly one month before his 3rd birthday he finally got interested in the stack of underwear in his drawer. Most likely because Kirby was also wearing Thomas underwear to bed but whatever, I'll take what I can get.

Of course we took pictures.
A typical Bennett pose. Not sure what that's about.
Thomas butt with dipey hanging out the top. Go Bennett, you can do it!

1 comment:

Jason and Kathleen said...

go benny boy! you can do it!