So lately Bennett is really starting to become his own man. More and more he's coming out from under Kirby's shadow and letting his personality come through. I think Kirby being in school three days a week gives Bennett time to do his own thing. I really wanted to take time to work on colors and shapes and all those things like I did with Kirby at this age but our April--right when we really started to get into our family groove--became crazy and now it's hard to keep him still enough to focus on learning anything. I keep reminding myself that even once Judah comes Kirby will be in school some days and Judah will sleep at some point. But Bennett's vocabulary seemed to explode over night. I love to hear him say things in his little voice. He's picked up so many phrases that just make me smile. On of my favorites is when something happens that that disappoints him in some way (drops his spoon at a meal, has to clean his room, etc.) he'll say 'Awww, man!' I think I understand his language the best--some things are VERY clear and some still not so much. Today Stan was trying so hard to listen to him and couldn't figure it out and I asked him to clarify and he said, 'yes, mommy' like he was so relieved someone can understand him. Bennett has such a sweet heart and wants to make sure everyone around is happy. He's even starting to pray real prayers where we can hear him naming people and then mumbling something. We don't always know what he's saying but God does and that's what is most important. If we try to say goodnight and close the door before he's had his turn he gets real upset. Now don't get me wrong, he definitely has his normal two year old moments but he is such a joy to our family. I think personality wise he will be great at being the middle child!
We started to put him on the potty as practice with the plan that as soon as we moved I would potty train. Since I'm not really able to do the physical part that is required for that it's going to be put on hold. However, Bennett asked to go poopoo potty one night, he sat on there and did his business like he'd always done it that way. Now he rarely poops in his diaper. I'm hoping with all hope he'll just potty train himself.

Bennett's been having weird sleep issues lately. He wakes up most nights at least once and even sometimes during his nap. One nap time he woke up but was clearly still sleepy. He came into the living room and just curled up on the floor and finished his nap. Stan has started leaving a pillow and blanket on the floor beside our bed so if he wakes up he can just come in and go right back to sleep. We aren't sure if all the changes lately have made him feel insecure and the need to be close to us (he's also been my shadow since I got back from TL). Even though him sleeping in our room isn't something we would usually allow, all of us getting plenty of rest is the most important thing for function at this point.

Who couldn't love this adorable face?!?

He is always asking to color or draw. If he finds any writing utensil and paper laying around he goes to town.

He's always getting into something, I think he was driving and playing music at the same time.
2 comments:
Oh...he has gotten so big. I think Benny looks more like your side of the family? do you?
I agree with you about sleep. I can't believe he is asleep on the floor. I guess when you are tired you will sleep anywhere!
He has such a sweet little face with those big sweet cheeks.
Post a Comment