Kirby amazes me each day. He says the most hilarious things. Let me do a quick list of my favs:
-When I was in TL Stan would call each day and give the boys a chance to talk. Kirby was telling me how Stan had finally put the ladder up for the bunk beds when he set it up at the new house. He told me...'When I was a little boy I used to sleep on the down bed, but now I'm big and I can climb up the ladder to the top bunk.' I asked Kirby just how big he had grown since I left.
-Our new house has a small yard, which was very exciting for Kirby. Sometimes 'Y' words still give him trouble (he can say yellow but yesterday is shesterday--you get it). He would always refer to this house as the Argggh. At first Stan and I thought he was going to make us all live like pirates but we finally figured out that he was calling this place the Yard. We've tried to work with him on it but he will get it when he's ready.
-Kirby is constantly talking about getting married. If he finds flowers anywhere outside he wants to pick them because 'I need flowers when I get married.' We asked him who he was going to marry and he told us Kate (his little friend that lives just a couple of hours away) because he loves her. We told him he better talk to her daddy about that.
-We have a closed in patio off our kitchen in the back of our house, off from that is a small little area that we are going to make into (well really it already is) a workshop. The family that lived here before left a TV that Stan put in there and our extra refrigerator is out there. Stan started calling it the man cave. One night last week he went out there and put on a movie and the three 'men' were sitting out there watching while DaJie (our helper) and I were finishing up dinner. She noticed they were out there for a while and went to go peek at them. Kirby saw her and said 'No DaMa (the boys call her that, meaning Big Mama) this is not for girls, boys only!' She looked at him shocked until I explained to her in Chinese what he said. I think she laughed for about 10 minutes.
We also changed up Kirby's school schedule. He was still having some issues with getting upset whenever Stan would drop him off, but would be fine a few minutes after he left. Also he was constantly confused as to what day was a school day and what day wasn't. We realized (through talking with some other friends) that while an every other day schedule makes perfect sense to us it doesn't always make sense to children. Plus Stan is in class MTW and I tutor Mon. and Wed. (I had to drop two days due to my new situation) so we thought also moving him to a MTW schedule would put all of us at home on Thursdays and Fridays to do family things and get things done. It's worked much better for Kirby and for all of us.
Kirby still loves to cuddle sometimes, even on the big belly. He also likes to talk to Judah and give my belly kisses.
If there's no paper around he will just improvise.
Chocolate ice cream is much better if you make a mess. This face looks so much like my brother when he was little, even though most of the time Kirby looks just like Stan.
Our landlord came over before we moved to finish up working out the lease. She left her boots by the door and Kirby HAD to try them on. Luckily she really likes the boys so she didn't mind.
Kirby decided to try his had at photography, this was one of his master pieces.
2 comments:
oh how I love that boy!!! and those beautiful dark eyes!!! Thanks for posting. I was needing those pics.
I love the picture of him on your belly--so sweet.
Thanks for the updates on Kirby. He is so sweet!
Post a Comment