Kirby has been getting so excited about Christmas. Well we all have. While it's hard knowing we won't see all our family we try to take comfort in knowing that this is our chance to make our own traditions. Last night after the boys went to bed we decorated the Christmas tree, hung the stockings (with care) and put out the nativity scene. This morning when we heard the boys squeaky door open and little feet running out of the room to ours only one little Benny face appeared. But we hear Kirby's little voice exclaim with much excitement...
'It's Christmas Holiday! Look at our Christmas Treat!'
It's so funny to me that he calls it a treat and not a tree. Too adorable to correct and a little true. All day long he has completely stopped what he's doing to go look at the treat for a few minutes and then go back to playing. Bennett is pretty fascinated with the treat too but more because he wants to take everything off and play with it. I put most of the ornaments out of his reach but I couldn't leave the bottom of the tree completely bare.
More to come later this week. Bennett is turning 2! I can't believe it!
4 comments:
That is neat that you and Stan did, so that the boys were surprised in the morning. I love that Kirbs calls it a "treat" too....so cute.
Kirby seems to be as fascinated with the "treat" as you always have been. I can't wait for him to show it to me on Friday night.
i love that he calls it a treat.
isaac went another direction. he calls all trees christmas trees. or "tisdis tee" to be exact.
(he also calls all animals "ustee" after lucy, our dog)
How cool. Christmas Treat. You will call your tree a treat for all time.
Post a Comment