Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Egg Heads

Lately it seems like we are going from one wound to the next. I'm pretty sure this is normal for a house with two boys but I can't help but wonder how many times a person can bump their head on the floor, sidewalk, etc, before there is serious damage done.

Here are two occurrences from the last few days...

Stan was giving Kirby a piggy back ride and as he was letting him down Kirby slipped and fell face first into the pavement. This was taken as soon as we got home that night. I fully expected it to look terrible the next morning but it never really got worse. The second picture just shows the temporary bump. (You can tell he was really in pain, he never misses a chance to smile for the camera.)




Last night as we were walking home from dinner Bennett took off running, as usual, and fell forehead first into the pavement. This knot came up immediately and looked so bad. He has since bumped his head twice more while playing--no marks from those two. Should I be worried? He really didn't want me to put the boo boo bear on it but I had to try for a little cold compress to help out that goose egg. It looks better today but I'm sure he'll have a nice bruise for a while.




Seriously we do supervise our children. I think for Bennett the fact that the sidewalks are all uneven is not good. And Kirby...well he's just kinda clumsy.

Also, we do plan to have a 'Faces of Kirby' post coming soon!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good grannies - Benny's goose egg ain't no joke! I've always heard that as long as it swells OUT, it's fine. If it dents IN, not so fine.

Mrs. Moore said...

Oh my gosh! I hope they don't get brain damage... poor babies.
Give them a kiss from Grommy and Poppy.

Kathleen said...

Poor boys. Bennett's is pretty obvious. I had to look twice to notice Kirby's.

Lora said...

Ouch! As a person who hits their head on a regular basis, I can tell you that there comes a day when it stops hurting so much to get a good bop, lol. Lily is prone to hitting her head too. I think its because we have really large heads in our family :)

S.E. Painter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

Well, I would have to say that this is really just a boy thing. It has gotten worse for us over the years. Brendon gets more involved in sports and the injuries just keep coming.
The boys don't look too upset. They just have a few cuts and bruises.

Jessie said...

Poor sweet boys. Goose eggs happen. At least they don't pass out.