Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fun Family Friday

Last Friday we had a family fun day. Instead of running around to get stuff done we took time to have real family time and got some things accomplished as well. Here's the day in pictures.

The boys did a little coloring and playing at their little table. We got this for them a few weeks ago and they really like having a place to color, drive their cars on and much more.


After we all got dressed and ready we walked to the Bird and Flower market. It actually has just as many fish and turtles as it does birds and more green plants than actual flowers but whatever. There we found our first family pet. Kirby's first name for the fish was #1, which could be appropriate since this could be the first of many since fish don't tend to live very long. After trying out Marlin, Nemo and Dori he settled on Blue. Stan liked that too, he calls him Old Blue, like a dog. (This picture makes him look more green than blue.)


After buying the fish we stopped by a barber shop. The boys all got hair cuts. Unfortunately the only clipper guard they had was the smallest. Now I live with the baldy boys. Sorry Aunt Kitty, we have now bought clippers of our own so I can put all your lessons to good use. Don't worry, we paid a little under a dollar for each hair cut.


One the way home we enjoyed a delicious lunch of noodles. We had to feed the boys cause it was noodles in hot broth--but they were sooooo good. After nap time we had KFC (our only Western fast food option) for dinner and watched Under Dog. It was a great family day.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm diggin the new hair cuts! Very cool!

Kathleen said...

i must admit...the buzz cuts are a little shocking. they will grow out soon. i still think they are the cutest.

Jessie said...

I love how we both are inching our way into having pets. Your beta fish looks cute.

Leslie said...

I love the haircuts on the boys! And the two of them sitting at that table....geez. They look so grown up!

I like the name Blue for a fish. But what do I know? Sam's fish is named Grape Juice.