On the bus waiting to leave.
One of the village houses from the outside.
Kirby with Yeye (paternal grandfather). After we ate Kirby just went right to him and sat down. He later also tried to smoke his pipe.
As soon as Bennett saw I was taking Kirby's picture he came and sat down too. Before I could snap the two of them with Yeye, Kirby hopped on up. He didn't want Bennett in his picture.
Bennett with Da Jie (what we call our house helper, it means big sister, the boys call her Da Ma, meaning big mamma). Da Jie is wearing her minority group's traditional dress, which many of the women still do. Every time Kirby sees a lady wearing a traditional outfit like this he calls out to Da Ma. It's very cute. Also that is her son and daughter-in-law.
Some of the fields on the hike into the village. This is rice fields. Da Jie and her family have many fields along this road.
3 comments:
Oh, it looks amazing! I love the boys new short 'do!
I wanted to ask you if you see any women carrying babies and what they use. Traditional babywearing is so interesting and I'd love to see what people use where you're at. (btw, the wrap you asked about is a didymos. It should be here soon, so I"ll take some action shots for you!).
I love you honey and keep the pics coming!
It still startles me when I see pictures of your boys. The positive to such a short cut is not having to trim it any time soon.
The pictures of the countryside is amazing. I so want to come and just stand there and praise Father for His great works.
this is so beautiful! i love reading about your family!
Post a Comment