Bennett had his 15 months check up. We ended up having to reschedule from earlier in the month so he could see Dr. Johnson. She couldn't see him and I felt it was important he saw our regular doctor since it will be his last visit before we move. He got a great report. She was very pleased with him--despite the fact that he still isn't walking and is way behind Kirby in the teeth department--over all though she declared him perfect. Like I didn't know that. ;) Here are his latest stats:
Weight 26 lbs 7.5 oz (75%)
Height 32 3/4 inches (90%)
Head 18 3/4 inches (60%)
His stats match closely to Kirby's at the same age--he's a bit bigger overall but always has been.
Kirby had his yearly check up with the Allergy specialist. It ended up being a good appointment. Aunt Kitty came along to help entertain the boys. They did the 'scratches' on Kirby's back (saline and Histamine for the control and then milk). For the first time the Milk reaction was less than the histamine one. That means he is definitely out growing it (James was so right :). It also means that we can be a little more at ease about there being small amounts of milk in foods like bread and sauces. That is such a huge relief since I won't be the one always preparing his food for about 3 months. We still need to be careful about milk, cheese and other things with a high milk protein content but for the most part we are pretty safe. The doctor was also certain he would completely out grow the allergy by his 4th Birthday. Such a huge praise!
I have a great video of Kirby but Blogger wants to have issues with it so it will have to wait.
I have a great video of Kirby but Blogger wants to have issues with it so it will have to wait.
3 comments:
What a happy boy Bennett is!
Glad to hear Kirby is outgrowing his allergies. I know that must be very stressful!
I knew that man of mine was brilliant. Anytime you need him for medical advice, just let us know.
Seeing you talk about dr.s visit reminds me how far behind I am.
I'm glad theirs went great and I'm so proud of Kirby.
Post a Comment