Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Trip to Asheville

A couple of weekends ago Stan and I got to go on our first getaway since our honeymoon. We took the boys to Gastonia to stay with Grommy and Poppy. We left early Saturday morning before the boys got up and drove to Asheville. We did Christmas shopping had a few nice meals and stayed at Ridgecrest--a really nice retreat place owned by Lifeway. It was so much fun and there was a lot of stuff to do just on the Ridgecrest campus. Sunday we slept in and then went to look around the Grove Park Inn--I thought we would get to see the Gingerbread Houses but they weren't to be set up until the next day, I had my dates a little off--then we headed back to downtown Asheville for some more shopping and brunch. It was short but well worth it. We got back to Gastonia just in time for the boys to wake up from their nap. We headed home after dinner and got ready for the week. It was so restful and Stan and I had some much needed time together.

This is the view from the look out at Ridgecrest. The leaves were so beautiful. This is why Autumn is my favorite season.














The drive back down.














At the Grove Park Inn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Grove Park Inn, I never even knew about it until last year when we went to Asheville for Valentine's Day. We stopped by there for a crafts show on our way out of town and I had my socks knocked off. (Not by the mountain crafts, yawn, but by the Inn...ok, that wasn't nice, mountain crafts are cool, I suppose..but really, how many different ways can one wrap wire around colorful beads and call it an earring?) Wow, I got way off track and lost my train of thought...hmmm, oh yes, that sounds like a great weekend away! I had trouble spotting you in that last picture because you have gotten so tiny!

I hope ya'll have a great thanksgiving, I'd be thankful for new pics of your handsome little boys. ;)

Jason and Kathleen said...

thanks for the post! I had tried my best to be patient. I love those pics where you have to take them your selves. you look fabulous.

Lora said...

You look great and glad you had a great trip!