On Saturday we headed off to our churches annual County Fair. It seems like each year it gets bigger and has so much more to do. I was really excited because Kirby is finally old enough to enjoy all of the kiddie games and such. When Kids R Kids had a fair in February he wanted to do everything but didn't quite get some of it. So we get there, see his friends, and head off with them to the bouncy obstical course. Andrew and Austen jump on in and Kirby wraps his arms and legs tightly around his daddy with his eyes clamped shut in terror. OK, he's not interested--when really in my head I was thinking 'Kirby don't be a sissy!' Off to the horses. He loves animals! Better yet he seems to really want to ride. Kirby and daddy wait in line. It's Kirby's turn. He pets the horse and then when Stan goes to put him on he makes his body stiff as a board and screams. So we get to watch Andrew ride around laughing and having a great time--Kirby DID seem to enjoy watching his friend. Oh, this is turning into such a fun afternoon! Eventually we get Kirby on the little train that is riding around the parking lot. He rode with daddy so there was no screaming just a dazed look. He also enjoyed sitting on the Fire Truck. That was pretty much it. We left early. I wish I had pictures of the exciting event but *sigh* I forgot my camera. I guess you really didn't miss much. If this was over whelming for him I can't wait until our trip to the State Fair with Grommy and Poppy this weekend.
Sunday after church we went to visit Granny and Papa Great. We had a nice afternoon. Granny and Stan enjoyed the end of the Panther's game while Papa and I took a quick trip to Belk's. Then once the boys woke up we had some play time, dinner and then played some more. And of course *sigh* I forgot my camera.
Sorry for failing to deliver on the relevant pictures. No worries, Paparazzi will be here this weekend. There will be pictures galore!
2 comments:
Once again, our sons show how similar they are. We took Sam to a Thomas thing this weekend, and it was an absolute nightmare. I guess it was just too much Thomas for his 2-year-old brain to comprehend. I guess the same thing happened to Kirby at the fair. Doesn't it stink? As a parent, you get so excited to share these experiences with your children, and when they don't seem to care, or worse, it makes you feel bad.
I didn't mean to write a novel! Just wanted to commiserate with you. :)
No relevant pics? Rach, I'm sad! I guess I can forgive you this time :)
Post a Comment