Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bennett

Bennett is growing and changing so much. He's still not crawling but scooting and rolling all around--I'm pretty sure crawling is not far off. Last night I went to get him from his little cat nap before dinner and he was sitting up. Not a big deal except that means he went from laying down to sitting up all on his own. It may have been because he was hungry and mad and ready for dinner. He is just now breaking through one little tooth. I went ahead and started him on finger foods-just cereal (gerber puffs, KIX and of course Cheerios) and he's had little pieces of banana. He LOVES that cause he can shove it in as fast as possible. He'll often have a piece of something in his mouth and another in each hand for back up.

Bennett is enjoying his family. Right now he likes to play with daddy and watch Kirby. I have to admit that my favorite thing is that he loves to be with me--of course I'm still his major food source. I'm soaking it up since Kirby was never that way as a baby. Bennett is also into mimicking some noises. If you cough he likes to cough back. He's also babbling to be a part of conversation, especially at dinner time. Overall he's still such a happy baby (we joke he was born with a smile on his face). He's even trying to clap. He just seems to get too excited and his hands miss each other, but he'll get it soon!

He loves the bath, even if you can't tell it by this picture.

Fun with his friend!

Yummy...banana and Cheerios!

This is how he scoots around.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Talk about time flying! I got to the part of the post about Bennett and crawling, and I thought, "Of course he's not crawling yet. He's way too young." And then I looked at your ticker. Eight months old!!! I cannot believe he is already eight months old.