Friday, June 15, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

This was several weeks ago, I know, that was an obvious statement because everyone is aware of when Memorial Day weekend was. Anyway, I am posting pictures of our fun weekend in FL. I can't take credit for any of these pictures. They were all taken by Tiffany (Sister-In-Law) and Kari (Niece-although she is my age and is more like an Aunt to the boys than a first cousin). It was such a nice weekend and Kirby had a blast with his cousins. Stan's parents were so nice and kept the boys Saturday afternoon so we could go out to see a movie. Then everyone came over for dinner. Sunday we went to church and everyone came over again for lunch (that is normal most weeks--we are the only ones that don't live close) and we had a Birthday party for Chris (Stan's brother), Casey (a niece) and Kirby. Kirby got so many wonderful gifts and LOVED his cake. We finally found a cake mix that has no milk--wish I had known about it when I was making cupcakes--and it was German Chocolate. Yum! He still asks for cake. Thanks Granny, she searches for milk free stuff all the time. Monday we headed to the beach for lunch--Thank you Pam(Stan's sister) for hosting us all. After lunch we had to head home. The boys did so great during both car trips, even through the awful traffic we hit in Raleigh as soon as we left Friday night.

Enjoy the pictures.


Brad (Kari's husband) did this as soon as he walked in the door. He is a Gator fan (we love him anyway) and Stan is a Dawgs fan. This is an on going joke. I'm only posting this picture to show that it looks as if Bennett is yawning, clearly bored with the Gators. :)

Kirby and Delaney (Kari and Brad's daughter) had so much fun running and playing outside after dinner on Saturday night. This is one of the only one where we caught them together.
I love this picture. Kirby's face is covered in dirt.
Kirby did NOT want to go inside. This is a example of his two-year-old tantrums that we now experience at least once a day.

Bath time! There was dirt and grass floating in the water.
Chris with Hannah (his and Tiffany's daughter) and Delaney. Red Velvet cake. Mmmmm.
Kirby was taking all the toys off his cake so he could dig in. I really like that each person gets their own cake. Three different types is fine by me! Pam was there to make sure he didn't shove his face right in.
He was shoveling it in as fast as he could.
This ball still rides around in the truck. He loves it!
So much excitement made Bennett sleepy.

THE END.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirby's tantrum face trips me out...I'm sure I won't think it's funny when it's my kid throwing a fit, but for now I shall chuckle away!

Jenn Mason

Anonymous said...

I ADORE that last picture of you and Bennett!! You look gorgeous!

Tonya`

Jessie said...

Ditto Tonya's sentiments about the last picture. A real hottie!!! Stan is lucky to call you his wife.

Leslie said...

Another lover of the last picture! You both look stunning.

I also smiled at Kirby's tantrum. Ah, yes, gotta love those sad little faces. :)

Jason and Kathleen said...

Hmmm....who gave Kirby that cool outfit? Ladies man....that is so funny. I guess it's true...taking baths with girls and all.