Friday, June 15, 2007

Solids

We have tried to start Bennett on solids. This was his reaction.

This was on May 30. The process hasn't gotten much better. I realize the cereal is really gross tasting, but he shouldn't know any better. I've even tried mixing in carrots and sweet potatoes to give it a better flavor. If he isn't doing better by the time he has his 6 month check up next week we'll see what advice the Dr. has. We took a video but my hand was in the way. Oh well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke never would eat baby cereal. He ate every other kind of baby food but never cereal. I know, it's geat for him and he should have it but he just would not eat it. He more than makes up for it now (he loves bread) so who knows. Maybe Bennett will catch on.

Tonya

Lora said...

Yay! Glad I got to read some updates!!

I don't blame Bennett for not liking cereal, I thought it was yucky too. Maybe you can add some to apple sauce or something?

Are you still BFing? I know a lot of BFing women who skip cereal altogether bc baby gets iron from you. I don't know, Lily always seemed to like it. Hoping Bennett will catch on soon, but if he doesn't, I'm sure he'll be fine :)

sarah said...

ok.
so isaac HATED rice cereal. even sweetened. we took a break and came back with oatmeal.
he didn't loathe it. he's not super crazy about it, but he'll eat it. he even opens his mouth willingly, sometimes. :)
we did carrots this morning and he was like a ravenous, well, bunny, i guess. they like carrots.

sarah said...

let me clarify...

by "sweetened" cereal, i meant applesauce or prunes. NOT sugar or syrup. just didn't want you or your bloggy friends to judge me. :)

Leslie said...

Wow. I cannot believe Bennett is six months old and cereal is even an option for him. It seems like he was just born!