Monday, May 14, 2007

Long time...

..no post. For good reason I might add. The first week of May was met with a busy start to the month. Jessie started it out with her surgery. That woman is a champion. We went to see her the day after and she was talking, had perfect color and even shared a few jokes. The best news is she found out just four days later that she is CANCER FREE!!! Check out her blog for more info. I know that really doesn't mean that I was busy but I still wanted to brag on my GOD and his wonderful healing power. Anyway, the same day I went to visit Jessie we found out that Stan was to have orthoscopic knee surgery. That Wednesday was his first appointment with his new doctor, Dr. Delero, felt that we could waist time and money doing tests and scans and still end up having surgery or just go ahead and do it. So they scheduled surgery. For the next Thursday. That is way out of my controling nature ways. Deep breath.

This week started out simple enough. But Stan called Tuesday morning to let me know that a coworker, and father of one of the youth we work with, was killed in a motorcycle accident Monday. We continue to pray for the Bryan family and ask that you do as well. So Wednesday night Stan dropped us off at church and went to the visitation. We get home, Kirby is running a bit of a fever and proceeds to throw up. For the first time ever. I knew it would happen sooner or later but you are just never prepared for that. So we finally get him cleaned up and in bed and I get up to go finish laundry before bed and trip, breaking my little toe. Or it could have just been a bad sprain but it hurt. How can such a little toe cause so much pain? Of course I still had to get up and finish everything so I would be ready for Stan's surgery the following day.

So Thursday Stan got up and worked a half day, came home, picked us up, took us to my friend Danielle's house so I could get the boys settled, went to the funeral, came and picked me up and we drove to the hospital for his surgery. I don't know what I would have done without Danielle that day. Not only did she keep both of my boys, making sure they ate and napped and all of those things, but she did it with one of them being sick. And she has two kids of her own. Lukily she is a nurse and a little puke doesn't scare her off. She kept them until about 7:00 and brought them home to us. So I had plenty of time to get Stan home and settled and have some time to breathe. It was more chaos than we had been through in a while. Thankfully Friday was rather calm. My grandparents came by--my grandfather had his Old Timers Alumni lunch and UNC--and I did my best to take care of my three boys.

I'm looking forward to a less crazy week. My Bennett turned 5 months yesterday. My Kirby will turn 2 on Thursday. My toe is less purple and feels much better, just in case you were wondering. Oh yeah, and Stan's doing well. ;)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness, Rachel! First of all, I had no idea Jessie and her family were dealing with the fact she might have cancer. How absolutely terrifying, but how absolutely wonderful she turned out to be cancer-free!

I hope Stan is recuperating well after his surgery. It's not fun, as I'm sure you know, but I hope this helped his knee and he is all better.

And the boy in your youth group....so sad. They are definitely in my prayers.

Boy! What a week for you! I hope you were able to relax on Mother's Day.