Friday, April 27, 2007

It's FRIDAY!

Here are just a few pictures to get your through the weekend. The weather is gloomy (but I want it to rain, rain, rain) so we are just hanging out inside. Not too much news. Bennett has changed his own schedule. He was still eating 5 times a day, which meant I would put him to bed around 7:30-8, or when Kirby went down since they share a room now, and then go in around 10 to feed him one more time. On Wednesday night when I went to get him for that last feeding he gave me a look like he couldn't believe I woke him up and he refused to eat. I was worried that he would wake up ar 5:00 the next morning starving. Well no need to worry, he woke at his normal 8 am (actually both boys usually wake up before 8 but stay content in their beds until I come in to get them). So he is ready to be on the nurse 4 times, take two naps and sleep 12 hours at night schedule. He did great yesterday and last night and so far today. This was about the same age Kirby got to that schedule, maybe just a bit earlier. I was worried I would have to start giving him solids but I think he will be fine for a bit longer. This is great because now he and Kirby are on practically the same schedule. Very good for mommy!

This is how we found Bennett sleeping Tuesday night. Look familiar?
Kirby January 2006

Kirby has been working on his spoon skills. I finally got brave and let him eat applesause on his own--he LOVES it. I'm a bit wierd when it come to being messy, mostly because we rent and I worry about the carpet. As the video shows most of the spills go right on his shirt which he makes sure to clean up.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Bennett was having play time on his mat and Kirby wanted to play too.

He also wanted to give his baby brother plenty of kisses.

7 comments:

The Biambys said...

Rachel, they boys are sooo cute. I have some news, check out my blog when you have a chance. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

That last picture is so sweet...brought tears to my eyes!

Lora said...

Whoa! I had a lot of catching up to do! I'm laughing so hard at the sleeping picture -- they are definately related! Glad you guys are getting out and about, Kirby is so brave to get on the big slide!

Oh, and BTW, don't you dare complain about the wife-beater shot. You look GREAT! Look at that little waist! Woohoo!

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

String bikini???

Love those babies! I could eat them both up. Andrew still asks for Rachel, Kirby and Bennett. We must get together soon.

Love you!

Jessie said...

I love the comparison!!!! I bet if we looked long and hard we could find a picture of you or Stan covering your head with a blanket. Adorable boys, simply adorable!!!

Test said...

Ha ha! How funny you were able to get pictures of both Bennett and Kirby with blankets on their head. Wonder where they get that from?

Kirby looks so proud of his spoon-feeding abilities! I'm always weary of giving Sam stuff he can eat with a spoon because I am much too lazy to clean up the mess he makes.

S.E. Painter said...

You will not be such a freak about 'spoon skills' with Bennett. Jackson's been eating cereal with a spoon and milk for months and months just because I kind of forgot what age I let the girls do it. It's like , here's your spoon, eat up. He grabs pizza slices whole, no cut up pb and j for him. Very different with the other children. I think it's why 1st borns are so neurotic, it's us.
:)