Bennett is growing so much. Last Friday I had to take him for a hemoglobin check--up to 11.5 by the way(was 10.8 last month), doing better and more in the normal range. :) The big surprise is that he weighed in at 16 lbs 5 oz. I looked back at my records, Kirby wasn't quite 16 lbs at his 4 month check up. Bennett is 3 months. I think I can safely say that he is getting plenty to eat--always a concern for nursing mothers--and is growing perfectly fine. I have finally included a video so everyone can see Bennett in action. He is so happy most of the time. I've been calling him Jolly Boy. Jolly just seems to sum him up.
A future in plumbing or time for bigger diapers?
This is his favorite wake time activity. He would stay in his bouncy seat talking and trying to give the Hippo a kiss all day. I love to watch him.
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
Kirby has been changing too. Not so much visibly growing at this point but it amazes me each day what he picks up. His vocabulary is unbelievable. Especially since he will repeat almost any and everything we say. Obviously some words are very much the language of a two year old but it still surprises me how much he can understand. I have to watch what I say for sure. No more saying words like crap, butt and stupid. Those are words that you don't want your child to teach in the church nursery. He's also become much more affectionate than ever. He's starting to know how to express love in different ways. I love to hear him say 'Wuv you' when he goes to bed at night. And he wants to sit in my lap and just be with me. He also asks to 'rock' which means 'please cuddle with me in the rocking chair, actual rocking is optional'. He will also ask for a hug and a kiss when he so desires one. Last night he even asked our friends Joel and Izabella for a kiss when we were leaving. A true sign that you are loved by Kirby.
Lazy bums! I brought Kirby in on Saturday morning. I don't think anyone wanted to get out of bed.
Kirby was finishing up his lunch on Sunday and started dipping his apple in ketchup. He has become obsessed with ketchup, even if there is nothing to dip it in. After the nuggets and fries were gone he started using what was left. Bleh.
Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
5 comments:
Rach, your boys are SO cute! I love the videos! I can't believe how fast Bennett has grown! He will catch up with Kirby soon :)
Several things...
1. Your boys are cute.
2. Your youngest is a giant.
3. We have the same duvet cover. Yours is either new or you iron it, because the top on mine gets all curled under and annoying. And let me say - white + dog = lots of laundry.
4. I can't wait until Isaac will entertain himself trying to kiss dangling stuffed animals.
5. I'm a little grossed out by apples and ketchup.
Ok, that's all! :)
Bennett's plumber's crack seriously tripped me out!! How precious!
Jenn Mason
Oh! I want Bennette to try to smooch me like he is trying to smooch his Hippo! That made me smile so big when I saw that. How precious!
I can't believe how much Kirby has become such a boy. I hear you on the vocabulary - they definitely repeat every little thing! And don't worry about the ketchup. Sam has a ranch fetish. He dipped raisins in ranch the other day. Gross!
Um, I know Bennett is a boy. I don't know why I typed Bennette....
Post a Comment