Last weekend we went to visit the Pittman Clan in Florida. Stan took a couple days off so we wouldn't feel like we were leaving as soon as we got there. We left Thursday and came home Monday. Kirby did really well during the drive, he's starting to be able to entertain himself and we keep plenty of juice and snacks handy. Bennett on the other hand did not like to travel so long and let us know plenty of times. Over all he slept most of the way with a 30 minute crying spell every couple of hours. Plus he did his famous 'I just ate a lot and now it's all coming back up' on the way there and back. That was fun cause then we both had to change clothes. I guess if that was the worst of it, I shouldn't complain too much.
Kirby was so excited for the trip!

We don't have many pictures of Bennett because he was so congested the whole time we were there and therefore slept a lot--which actually is still pretty much the norm for him. Sleep and eat. Hard life huh? He was so bad he had to sleep in his car seat to help elevate his head. Here he was with Papa. Aunt Tiffany got a lot of pictures--including some with Granny--but I couldn't get them off the website to post here. I'll try again.

Kirby LOVED being able to go outside and play. They have a nice big yard and since Cousin Hannah lives next door he was also able to go play on her swing set. Papa also took him for rides on his tractor almost everyday. That was Kirby's favorite. It was such nice weather that we tried to give him plenty of time to play. Kirby even got his first big boy 'Boo boo'. He's so proud. He still shows it to me each day and gives it kisses--just like mommy did--to make it feel better. Really it's just a scratch but I'm not going to burst his bubble.

I took this yesterday. I thought I would add it in. We were having play time in Kirby's room and I have started to include Bennett during his 'wake time' and Kirby wanted to lay down with him. That only lasted a few minutes. Then he was up and playing again (he's been hyper since I had to start giving him Albuterol breathing treatments since he arrived home with a cold). All was well until Kirby bumped heads with Bennett while he was sitting in my lap. Maybe playing together is not such a good idea when Kirby is on steroids. Oh well, Bennett might as well get used to it now.

We had a great visit in Florida. Kirby loved playing with all of his cousins and all of the attention from Aunts and Uncles. We got to visit with everyone and catch up since he was so entertained. A good time for us all!

2 comments:
Glad you had a great trip! I admire you for travelling with 2 little ones, sounds like you guys pulled it off well! I love the pic of the boys together and your description of Kirby on 'roids :)
We'll have to come visit soon!
I'm glad you guys were able to get away for a vacation! And like Lora said, kudos to you for doing it so well with 2 under 2.
I love the last shot of the brothers laying down together. Geez, they look alike!
Post a Comment