We had Bennett's 2 month appointment on Wednesday. Let's just say he is growing with no problems. I expected him to be a bit bigger than Kirby at 2 months--which he was--since he was bigger at birth. Check out the stats comparison:
Kirby:
Weight 12 lbs 12 oz (75%)
Height 24 inches (80%)
Head 15 1/2 in (40%)
Bennett:
Weight 13 lbs 11 oz (90%)
Height 25 3/4 in. (>97%) what they put when it is off the charts
Head 15 3/4 in (50%)
This explains why we had to move Bennett up to 3-6 month clothes at 6 weeks. His height was off the charts. Way over the curve. I couldn't believe it. He also had a few shots--not a happy moment--and a iron check. His iron levels were within normal range but still low--the lowest that is exceptable is 10.5 and he was 10.8. The doctor said it would be good to continue to give him iron drops everyday. Since his tummy doesn't like them I will have to experiment with what time of day is least aggrivating for him. Kirby did well while we waited and while Bennett was being poked and proded. I was a little nervous about having to have him there but he was so interested in what they were doing to Bennett he didn't care that he was just sitting around. Kirby has proved to be a great big brother. He always wants to hold Bennett and give him kisses--snot covered kisses that is. I don't have many new pictures because every spare moment has been spent fighting the computer but here are a few pictures I took of Bennett Wednesday morning to show off all his rolls and dimples.
He's trying to show how long he is. :)


9 comments:
He is a big, adorable baby! :o)
Baby B looks like one happy baby! You are so lucky to have such sweet little boys. :) John and I are looking for a weekend soon to travel to Raleigh so hopefully we can finally meet our newest favorite "nephew"!
Me o' my, what at long baby you have. Your milk must be extra yummy this time around.
WOW!! He is a beast... J.V. terms... He looks so happy. I am at home tonight, just laying on the couch, I am pooped. Love ya, Angie
I agree with Eliza, you do have sweet boys! I hope we can come visit again soon too. I need my Pittman fix :)
Look at that precious big baby! He looks so happy. :)
Rachel, You have two adorable boys. Hope you and Stan are doing well.
Helloooooooooooo! We want more pictures of the hyper little pinball and the roly-poly butterball!
Alright -- I'll stop stalking your blog....
Good job plumping your boys up. We're trying to fatten up our monster. He's getting there. We weighed him today on the grownup scale (that only has 1/2 pound increments) and he was around 10 lbs. So, we've got some catching up to do! Your boys are both pretty darn cute.
Post a Comment