Monday, March 05, 2007

Fun Times!

Last week I went in to meet with the owner of Kids R Kids (the child care center that is next door to us and I worked there while I was pregnant with Bennett) about coming back to work--I start back working 3 hours each afternoon tomorrow by the way, and yes I will be driving the short bus again. :) Anyway, while I was there they told me I should bring the family over to their Summer Camp Promotion Fair that they were having this Saturday. It looked like fun and I knew everything would be geared to Kirby's age so I decided to go and invite the Minor and Dowd families. Everyone was able to come, except Jessie and baby Jonathan of course--we missed you two. They will be ready to join us next time I'm sure. Of course I was sorry 3 week old Jonathan had to miss out on the bounce house. Andrew and Austen did much better than Kirby with the visiting each room thing. We would get to a room to do an activity and he wouldn't want to leave. Andrew had seen everything before we got through three rooms. Of course that was partly my fault since I kept stopping to talk with co-workers that I hadn't seen in a few months as well as several parents from the center. Imagine that, I got distracted running my mouth. Here are a few pictures of the kids having fun.

Kirby in the Bounce House

Vroom, Vroom as Kirby would say. He's holding his head a little funny because he woke up with a crink in his neck. As a random side note, he had been having issues with a cold all week, seemed better and then woke up from nap with a fever. I automatically suspected meningitis. The nurse assured me if he was up and playing he did not have meningitis. Just a fever and a sore neck. And a cough, of course.

Andrew with his helmet on. He was riding the 'motorcycle' all around outside. This picture would make more sense if the bike was in it too. Still cute.

Jeremy going down the slide with Luke and Austen.

I think all the kids had a great time. Jessie told me that Andrew told her every detail when he got home and slept so well at nap time, a good sign that he had fun. It was so good to get out and enjoy the incredible weather, too. Despite the fact that Kirby was coming down with something and was having some neck pain he still had a blast with his buddies--let's just hope he did not infect them with whatever sickness he has.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I love seeing Kirby in that little car! Vroom, vroom!

I hope he is feeling better. What a good mommy you are! I had no idea a sore neck indicated meningitis. Whoops!