I took Kirby to the allergy doctor yesterday for his annual test (I can't believe it's been a year already). We talked about his asthma issues, and they of course tested him for his milk allergy and added in a couple environmental tests as well. The doctor felt like we were handling the asthma perfectly and said it was best to continue what we were doing and hopefully he wouldn't have to go on an everyday medicine. That was good news! The environmental tests showed that he is mildly sensitive to some pollens and cats. Not a problem (or a surprise) since Stan and I are both allergic to cats. We had no plans for getting a cat, ever. And he said the pollen issues may get worse with age but probably not any worse than Stan or I experience. So that wasn't bad. Then we looked at the milk one, looking like a BIG mosquito bite--if you've ever been tested for allergies you know what I'm talking about. The great news was it is getting better. Last year the bump measured 10 x 8 mm, this year is was only 5 x 7. A definite decrease, showing that he is growing out of it like we hoped. My prayer is that by next year it will be gone but the doctor felt that within a couple of years at the most he will be enjoying some mac 'n cheese with the rest of us. I mean, what childhood is complete without mac 'n cheese.
Kirby was so good and listened to me so well so when we got home he got a sticker. He LOVES stickers, well the idea of them at least. He likes to stick it on his shirt, take it off to look at it, show it to me and then start the process over again. Needless to say the Pluto sticker had lost all of it's ability to stick in about 10 minutes. Bennett did really well too. He played in his stroller until he was tired and then went right to sleep. I heardly heard a peep out of him other than him blowing bubbles and talking to himself. I wish every doctors visit could go so smoothly. :)
Can you believe it? Three posts in one week. Just don't get used to it. And for those who saw Amy's comment about me wearing a bikini can put your minds to rest, that will NOT happen. Ever. Pregnancy has left the ugly scars of stretch marks to prevent any tummy bearing of any kind.~~
6 comments:
I am impressed with your 3 posts in one week!! I have enjoyed keeping up with your family. I have terrible allergies that I never really knew I had. I got tested a couple months ago and probably 60 out of the 80 scratches they did swelled up super bad. It was crazy! All the nurses were coming in to see. I really had no idea I was allergic to so many things. I was sent home with an epi-pen, singlair, zyrtec, and papers on getting allergy shots. It was nuts. I hope little Kirby outgrows most of his.
Oh, and you can leave a random comment on my page anytime so you can sign in. I'll do the same :-)
Boo hissssss... where's the spunky Rachel I love? I remember when you'd put any color streak in your hair.
I'm still proud of your weight loss accomplishment(s). Keep it up! Cake for you at Andrew's party!!!!!
Yay for Kirby doing so well on his allergy tests and an even bigger Yay for you posting so many times in such a short time period!
I guess by reading Amy's post, that means we'll see you next weekend! Woohoo!
Hi Rachel - Happy birthday!!! And happy Aniversary to you and Stan. I hear you may be headed our way soon. Hope to be able to see the family.
Much love alsways,
Uncle Frank
I visited your my space and you are so in. I wish I could be as cool as you. Throw up your rock fist...
Can't wait to hear more about your boys! Congratulations on the weight loss. That takes hard work. :o)
PS - my blog has a new address:
http://www.baylyfamily.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment