Monday, April 09, 2007

Catching up...

It has been yet another long break between posts. I have no excuse other than it's your own fault for getting used to three in one week. Things have been good for us, just super busy. The last two weeks consisted of my Birthday--I am now 27, it wasn't a great day but that was not because of lack of well wishes, thank you to everyone, but because it was just a regular day busy and it ended with a bad experience at work, I'm over it now--also we have had appointments, tantrums, outings, family time and all the rest of the fun that comes with everyday life. I'm going to try to get all caught up through some pictures. Well, a lot of pictures, so be prepared. :)

Afternoon fun with daddy. Yes, Kirby is still completely obsessed with any type of ball.

Still a jolly boy!

We went to Andrew P.'s Birthday Party.
Kirby giving him a Birthday hug. :)
This is what Kirby really did the whole time at Andrew's party. Another new obsession, cars.

Bennett going in to wake big brother up from his nap, with the help of daddy of course.

This picture shows that Bennett is growing so fast. He's like Kirby from the knee up.
This is to show that warning labels are there for a reason. This cabinet has served as the medicine cabinet since we moved in two years ago. I always read (and know the labels say it too) to keep medicine's well out of the reach of children. I never thought it was really going to be a problem for us. Kirby doesn't play in the bathroom and I was sure he didn't pay attention to where I put the medicine. Well that was what I thought until I mentioned to Stan the other day that I needed to give Kirby some medicine (Claritin--trying to get the allergies under control). Next thing I know, little Mr. I Hear Everything comes walking in with a bottle of cough syrup--what he knows to be 'medicine'. Well I knew this was not good. So the medicine cabinet was emptied and moved and Kirby got to play in the 'cubby' for a little while. I'm so thankful he didn't fine his way into it and open something. This was a potential disaster avoided. Lesson learned. I know, I know, bad mommy.

This may look like an ordinary picture of a baby sleeping in a crib. Actually this is a very big step. Friday night was the first night Bennett slept in his crib during the night. Again, not so big since Kirby slept on his own from day one, until you factor in that this means Kirby and Bennett are officially sharing a room. Bennett still takes his naps in our room but the boys are finally roommates!

Bubblehawk!


That's it. You may rest your eyes now.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Ha ha! "It's your own fault for getting used to three posts in a week." Excellent point, Rachel. Shame on all of us for expecting more updates when you have a husband, a toddler, an infant, and a job outside the home. We just can't help ourselves - our Kirby and Bennett addiction must be satiated with lots and lots of cute pictures! Thanks for complying. ;)

Rachel said...

OK, OK, maybe I was a bit harsh. I promise I really am going to try to do better. Especially as we get out more and more this summer. :)