Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Potential disaster
That's what this morning was. Today Bennett turned 4 weeks old. So what did we do to celebrate? Trooped off the the WIC office. This was my first outing with just me and the boys. It could have been worse. Over all for a trip to the WIC office--which is never a pleasant experience, as Lora can vouch for--it wasn't the worst. The big double stroller I borrowed from Tonya was too big for me to take into the waiting room once it filled up with fellow WICers, so we spent a good bit of time in the hall. I didn't bring Kirby's snuggle friend, Blue Doggy, so once he got tired he was hard to keep happy--not to mention I had to wake him up and hour early to make out 7:45 am appointment. But after I fed Bennett he slept the last two hours, not bad since we were there slightly over 3 hours. The nutritionist we met with was so nice and helpful, she even helped me wheel the stroller to the bathroom so I could change Kirby's NASTY diaper. So, it can be done. I can have an outing with both boys, make it home without losing my mind and only be somewhat exhausted. Let me just end with the fact that I took a nice nap as soon as I got the boys down. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ARGH! I thought Blogger had eaten my comment, and then it actually did post, but it didn't make any sense anyway...I wanted to tell you how exhausted I was for you just thinking about what you did today! Waking up early, hauling two little ones to the doctor; I really admire you!
3 Hours is ridiculous! That's totally how long it takes here and I hate it! Yuck~
Well, I'm glad you and the boys made it back in one piece!
Tell me, were you wearing your skinny jeans while on this outing? Isn't it amazing what we will do to provide for our families. You are a great mommy and it shows.
Post a Comment