Friday, January 19, 2007

A light dusting

Of snow that is. A very light dusting. When Bennett woke me up hungry at 4:30 I looked out the window with great anticipation and saw there was nothing. But how wonderful when I got him up to eat again at 7:00 I saw we had a nice white layer covering our grass. Unfortunately I couldn't take Kirby out this morning because Bennett definitely didn't need to be outside today. So I called Stan and told him to plan to take Kirby out for a few minutes when he came home from lunch. Kirby was very excited about it. We looked out the window all morning. My mom is coming today and is going to take him to Gastonia for a long weekend--when I asked him who was coming to visit today he replied with 'Snow'. Of course is sounds a little closer to 'No' but that's OK. I guess spending time with Grommy got over shadowed by this new thing called snow. I'm sure by the end of the weekend that will change. Enjoy these few pictures.

His first glimpse.
I asked him where the snow was--he gladly showed me.
Romping around with Daddy before lunch.
Look at that sweet smile. He loved it.
Just a short video of Kirby right outside our apartment.
He even had to peek inside to see if lunch was ready yet.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

3 comments:

Lora said...

How cool that you guys got snow! We only got some ice and sleet -- I was so looking forward to taking "Lily in the snow" pictures!

I love the video of him, being all stealth and cute! Enjoy your weekend with just one, I'm sure Kirby will have a blast with Grommy!

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

Dear Kirby,
I ask my mom every day about you and wonder why in the world you aren't here when I wake up. I really think we need to play together soon.

Love,
Andrew

PS. I had tons of fun in the snow too!

Leslie said...

Kirby's hat is the coolest! I love it!