Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Check Up
I've been meaning to post this all weekend but blogger was giving me some trouble. I took Bennett for his 2 week check up. He's up to 9 lb 110z, 22 1/2 inches (I don't think 21 inches was his real birth length because there is no way he had grown an inch and a half--I think they guessed because they didn't do it immediately with all his issues). The doctor was very pleased with his growth and said he looked great. He lungs sounded good too. I asked her to check his hemeglobin just to make sure it was ok, it wasn't. It had dropped even more since we left the hospital. She was pretty much puzzled by this because she said there is no obvious reason why it is dropping. Usually if babies are gaining weight (and he was above his birth weight--the two week goal) and not bleeding it should not be dropping. Anyway, we go back again next Thursday to have it checked again. If it is still dropping or not gaining enough they will do more blood tests to determine the cause. Please pray for Bennett. He seems to be doing well but it's hard to not be able to do anything or even know why this is happening. I'll let everyone know the outcome of our next visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am praying for your beautiful boy. :o)
I will most definately be praying as well and I can't wait to come visit!
Bennett will be in my thoughts and prayers as well. Poor little guy....I'm glad he's feeling fine otherwise!
Bennett and you guys will be in our prayers...Keep us posted, as we will be thinking about him.
Love, Lew
Post a Comment