Thursday, December 07, 2006

Pre-Op Appointment

Sounds important, huh? Well it did to me at least. But not so much. It was basically a regular check up. She did listen to my heart and lungs and ask a few extra questions that pertained to my up coming surgery but that's it. I really expected more. Of course I have to go in the day before to have some blood work done, but she didn't seem to make that a big deal either. This is so wierd to me. Last time the c-section was a bit scarey and a huge thing because it was an emergency. This time it's just like going in to have any other sugery. Of course I'm not just getting a joint or something fixed I'm having a baby. I did ask if a tummy tuck was included. No such luck. These OB doctors could really make some more money if they got training to do that as well. I should consult medical schools about that. I should get a cut of that profit for the idea. Only 6 days to go. As I sit here watching my stomach move. :)

9 comments:

Lora said...

I'm getting all teary eyed! I can't beleive Bennett's birthday is so close! I can't wait to meet him (ask Stan how he feels about updating your blog while you're in the hospital!). I was really hoping to come visit before you give birth, but looks like that time has come and gone faster than I'd anticipated.

Maybe after the New Year if you are up for company, we will come and meet Bennett and give lots of smooches to his big brother!

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

Dear Bennett -
Why aren't you here already? I guess you missed the memo: Monday @ 8:00am. What happened? You all cozy inside?

Can't wait to love on you little guy!
Auntie Amy

Leslie said...

Pre-op appointments sound pretty exciting, but in reality they are B-O-R-I-N-G.

I wanted to come visit with Lora, but the time flew! She has a great idea about coming up after the New Year - how would you feel about that?

Rachel said...

You girls plan your trip for whenever you want. I will be here. And after the New Year I will be without family so I will surely be ready for some more company. Just let me know!

Lora said...

OMG! 2 More Days!!! I can't believe it!

Lora said...

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY! Please write a final blog about what you're feeling, if you have time.

Oh, and Stan, seriously, feel free to upload pics anytime! We can't wait to see Baby Bennett pics!

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

I just noticed the title of your blog has been changed to reflect Bennett's arrival tomorrow. Yay Bennett!

Lora said...

Amy P -- you're so detail-oriented! I totally missed it!

Aw, the angels. I'm getting teary-eyed again.

Don't you like how I've posted like a hundred times on entry?

Leslie said...

I cannot believe Bennett is making his grand debut tomorrow!! Geez, this has flown by!!