Saturday, December 16, 2006

News...

Well, not a lot of news, just a bit. Bennett will still need a few days in the SCN so he will not be able to go home with us tomorrow. That was pretty much the only bad news we got though. He continues to improve. They started him on some antibiotics today just to make sure whatever is going on in his lungs clears up, they still aren't sure if it's an infection but they are just covering the basis. The doctor feels that once all this is past we will have a normal healthy baby. She spent lots of time explaining everything and showing us the x-rays. That made us feel so much better. Tomorrow we should have more info on what the next few days will look like.

Several people commented on how similar Bennett and Kirby look. We totally agree. It's crazy, Bennett may be a bit chubbier but they do look so much alike. Check this out. The first picture is Bennet last night and the next is Kirby the day he was born. Even though the picture of Kirby is more of a close up shot you can still see the resemblance. Just thought it was neat. :)



8 comments:

Lora said...

Wow, you practically have twins! I though they were both Bennett photos until I read your blog :)

Glad B is improving and I hope he gets to come home soon. Please let me know if you need anything, we are only a car ride away!

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

Are you home yet? How's Bennett doing? Can't wait to meet him. I'd be happy to come over and help you so you can get some needed rest.

Lew said...

Hey Rachel,
I'm totally thinking about you and praying for you guys. I know all will be OK. Bennett is absolutely precious!! I have loved reading about him and have tried making comments before, but blogger was being dumb. Anyway, congratulations on your beautiful new baby boy. He is an angel! Let me know if there's anything at all that I can do. Love you tons!

Leslie said...

Look at those twins! Precious!

How is everyone doing? Any updates on sweet Bennett? (By the way, I totally voted for Elijah in the poll).

Anonymous said...

Hey everybody,
Rachel and Stan's computer crashed while at the hospital, but she wants everyone to know that she went home Saturday and Bennett went home on Monday afternoon. They are both fine. She will post more as soon as she can. Thanks for all your prayers for Bennett.
Grommy Sara

Lora said...

Thanks for posting, Grommy!

I'm happy to hear both are home and doing well!

We love you, Rach and welcome home to Bennett!

What does Kirby think of his little clone ? :)

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

Rachel??? I know someone's computer works. I saw an e-mail from you. Busted! Now tell us how you and Bennett are doing.

Leslie said...

Uh! RACHEL! Having a newborn means you have lots of responsibilities - like keeping your friends updated every single day!