Today was a great day. Stan went to work for half a day and then went and spent some time with Kirby--which both thourouly enjoyed. I had lots of visitors. The best of all, Bennett continues to improve. He seems to be getting better each day, maybe not by leaps and bounds but by little Bennett baby steps. I have to say, I'm absolutely fine with that. His chest x-ray looked to be improved, he had a restful day and tonight he was doing well enough to get taken off the oxygen hood and I was able to go in and hold him. That was my prayer all day and God was faithful. It was such a sweet time and he was so relaxed and at home in my arms. I just stared at him the whole time. He deffinitely makes many faces that look so similar to Kirby. I think we have another cutie on our hands. Here are a few pictures we got tonight. We are still praying that he will get to come home with us on Saturday. It's not looking like that will be the case but God is in control. If Bennett needs a few more days, I'd much rather him be healthy.
Mommy and sleeping Bennett.

Look at that sweet face. This is a deffinite Kirby face.

This is the blow fish face he gave us. He is so precious.

7 comments:
He is adorable!!! I hope you all get to go home Saturday!
He is precious! I can't wait to meet him. Glad to hear he's getting better.
Love,
Amy
I, for one, am already in love with the blow fish face! And that first picture of you looking so tenderly at him made me tear up. I am so glad you were finally able to hold him!
But that second picture - am I the only one who totally think he resembles his older brother in that one? I'll go check again, but I think I definitely see Kirby in that one.
Amazing!!!! I am so glad that you got to hold your baby. We have been praying earnestly for you and that baby Bennett would get better. God is faithful.
ps He looks a lot like Kirby!!!
He is so breathtaking! Of course, I'm crying too now, looking at the picture of you holding your son.
I'll continue to pray for Bennett and your whole family, I'm sure he'll be home in no time.
Love you!
Lora
I'm a lurker from Amy Perry's blog. I'm so glad that Bennett is doing better and that you got to hold him. My little girl was in the SCN at Rex for a little while and they took such great care of her. I hope you get to go home together soon.
Beth Ray (Avery's Mom)
Rachel,
He is beautiful. We are all praying for quick healing of his little lungs. I know you want him to go home with you. We are praying for your quick healing too! We missed you guys at the Christmas party last night. We will not tire you with a visit right now. If you need anything let me know.
Love you all
Angie
Post a Comment