Me: I'm starting with me because I know if I write the other stuff first no one will care about me. I am actually feeling really well for day 10 post pardum. I handled the surgery much better than I thought I would, maybe even better than last time. I'm actually even a few pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight--who needs Master Cleanse when you have childbirth. Of course it was all so different this time. I forced myself to get up and move around so much more since I had to go to the SCN to visit Bennett. By Friday I was able to go in and nurse him, which was a relief because I was so worried he would have trouble the longer we had to wait--not a problem for him at all. :) Stan and I went home on Saturday--it really was sad to leave Bennett, I just had to keep reminding myself some mothers leave there precious babies for months. I knew I would have Bennett home in a matter of days.
Bennett: By Friday night they had moved Bennett from his special bed that allowed them to monitor his respiratory rate the easiest to a regular hospital bassinet. The antibiotics had to run through IV for at least 48 hours so they could not disconnect that until Saturday morning. All of the normal newborn tests and procedures were done on Sunday. When I called to check in on Sunday morning they told me he was doing really well and they were hoping to get the OK to have us come back, spend the night with him on the pediatric floor and take him home Monday. When I called back before lunch, we got the OK and headed to the hospital. We spent the night with him there so nurses could monitor him for one more night, make sure he was eating well and give us time with him that we didn't have during my recovery time. He had even already begun to gain weight again--he got down to 8 lb. 12 oz and was back up to 8-14 by Monday. We also found out he was 21 inches long at birth. We had to move him up to size 1 from newborn diapers and he is almost too long for his sleepers. Needless to say he is doing well. We go for a check up next Thursday.
Kirby: He absolutely loves his baby brother. If one of us is holding Bennett he wants to sit with us too--not out of jealousy but because he wants to be close to his brother. The only bit of jealousy he showed was the first day we were home and Stan was holding Bennett-should have known he would be more concerned about Daddy than Mommy. He even hates when Bennett is crying in the other room. He goes to the door and says 'Baby' over and over until we go check on him. We are working on Kirby calling him Bennett rather than just baby but that will come in time--he has a close version, I think he just forgets.
So as you can see all is going pretty well. I haven't had too many crazy moments yet. Of course after next week all of my help will be gone so we will see how things are then. Here is a picture I took yesterday. You can see how happy Kirby is to be a big brother, and you can tell Stan is just a bit tired. Aren't we all!

6 comments:
Yay!! You're back! As I waiting for your page to load I was thinking about what terrible timing it was for your computer to crash because we were deprived of pictures of Bennett. But then, yay, here you are!
And now, I am SO glad everything is all better with Bennett!!! And that everyone is home and doing well, including you (SEE, we do care about you foolio). And that picture of Stan with the boys is wonderful, Kirby looks soooooo sweet and proud. Almost like he is the proud papa. :)
Congrats again Pittmans, how wonderful. I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas (and take lots of pictures!).
P.S. - My mom sent you a package, but she sent it to your old address by mistake, so it will be returned to Denver and then she'll try to send it again. Whoops!
Merry Christmas! I am so glad to hear that the whole family is at home for Christmas. Gilbert and I are very happy for you guys and wish you the best. May you have a Merry Christmas filled with love, laughter, and joy. By the way we tried to send you a Christmas card but I can't find your address any where.
Yea Rachel! I'm so glad you are back. I kept checking everyday and was so happy when I saw a new entry today. Even more, I'm so glad things are going so well for you guys. Having two boys is soooo much fun! I LOVE that picture of Kirby with his new brother and daddy. His smile is perfection! Hang in there and have a very merry Christmas!! I hope I sent your Christmas card to the right address...have you gotten it yet?
There you are! I'm glad you are able to blog again. I was salivating for more pictures.
We do care about you, dodo! I know I speak for everyone when I say we are thrilled you are recovering so well.
I love the picture! All of your boys are precious.
Where did my comment go?! Blogger is making me angry!
So glad you are home and lots of love to you and the boys!
Rachel,
I am so glad things are going well. Great that you are prepregnancy weight. We will show those mission folks! All of your boys are adorable. I am keeping up with you through Tonya. If you need something let me know. I have the stomache virus right now uck!
Love ya Angie
Post a Comment