Well, we don't have any new pictures. So sorry. But I just wanted to give everyone an update on how Bennett is doing. He is still in the Special Care Nursery. His breathing is still a bit fast and this morning's x-ray showed a pocket of air on the outside of his lung(there is a technical name that I'm not even going to try to spell). It's small enough now that they hope being on oxygen will allow it to clear up on it's own. If it were to get bigger they may have to do a procedure (still nothing major) to fix it. They also just took some blood from me to help determine if he lost blood before delivery. If they find that is the case they can start putting the pieces of the puzzle together and hopefully find out more about what is going on. The doctors are still very optimistic and feel this all will get better and he will be just fine. Please continue to keep Bennett in your prayers. He's a precious BIG boy.
I'm doing so much better today. It was good to get something to eat and I can feel my energy up from that already. I'm walking around and moving as much as I can to help along the healing process. Of course I'm also taking advantage of this chance to rest and regain my strength to be ready to take care of two. I have to say, I'm ready to hold my baby. Hopefully tomorrow he will be well enough so I can. Thanks for thinking of us and we will do our best to keep you informed of our progress.
5 comments:
Hey! Congratulations! We are so happy for you and will definitely be praying for yall and Bennett as you both recover from birthing! Let us know if there is anything we can do! We love yall.
I am glad to hear you are recovering from surgery and gearing up to take care of 2 under 2. I'm still praying for little Bennett and you guys, too!
I'm so sorry there are complications, but am happy to hear that all is expected to be fine. I hope you get to hold your baby soon too :)
Smooches to Bennett!
Oops, that was me -- Blogger is giving me drama for some reason.
We will continue to pray for Bennett. One of my fellow mommies is also at Rex and her baby is in the SCN. He was born at 36 weeks. You may run into her and precious Simon. Maybe Bennett and Simon are conversing in baby talk. Let me know if you need anything at the hospital or at home.
Can't wait to love on Bennett.
Post a Comment