BENNETT ELIJAH PITTMAN
9LBS 6OZ
Mommy is doing good and Bennett is currently in the special care nursery. He came out crying and very alert but with a slightly elevated breathing rate and boarderline blood sugar level. They took him to be on oxygen and an IV to get him regulated. A chest x-ray showed some fluid on his lungs. This is not uncommon in babies born by c-section (Kirby also had a brief stay in the special care nursery). They will continue to monitor him through the night and do another x-ray in the morning to see how it is all clearing up. Once his breating is better they will take him off the oxygen and then take him off the IV and then he can come stay with us. He looks a lot like Kirby--just bigger. :) Here are the few pictures we have been able to take. Please pray for him to progress quickly, we have full confidence that God is in control and all will be fine. We will post more news and hopefully his full stats in the morning, hopefully some more pictures too.


6 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! WELCOME BABY BENNETT! Your arrival was very much anticipated, sweetie! I am sorry to hear Bennett had to head to the special nursery, but I am sure he is being well taken care of and they are doing whatever is necessary to make sure he is as healthy as can be. I will be praying for the entire Pittman family tonight and every night.
9 lbs. 6 oz!!!! He's healthy for sure. Cannot wait to meet the little guy. His arrival has been much anticipated!
YAY!!! BABY BENNETT!!! Welcome little guy! Or rather, at 9 lbs 6 oz, BIG guy! I am so excited for everyone, CONGRATS PITTMANS!!!!!!! Wooohoooo!!
Oh, and Bennett, I LOVE your middle name. Did you know that you're named after your dear Aunt EliZa? EliJah and EliZa, beautiful!
(Your mother will deny that you are really named after me, but I will always know the real truth in my heart).
I've been trying to comment and it just won't let me! Argh!
WELCOME TO THE WORLD, BABY BENNETT!!! And Congrats on becoming an official Big Brother, Kirby!!!
CONGRATULATIONS from the other side of the world! We are excited about your new addition and will be praying for you all as you adjust to a new family member! Just remember - it's all good!
Post a Comment