Thursday, November 23, 2006

Such a good boy...

That's all I can say about him. After his traumatic morning and all the screaming and fighting at the doctor I was really worried he would not do well with his treatments. Since it was so nasty yesterday I didn't get to pick up his prescription until the evening so the only treatment we gave him yesterday was right before bed time. At first he was really upset, but once he got into his movie (thanks to Grommy's suggestion) he settled down and did really well. He even had a great night's sleep--barely coughing at all. This morning when he woke up his breathing was good and very little wheezing. I decided to wait until right before his nap to give him another treatment--especially since Stan would be here to help us get started. He cried a bit in the begining but as you can see from the picture below he was actually smiling during the treatment (you can see it in his eyes). I think he has realized that it doesn't last long and makes him feel much better. I am so proud of him. I am really starting to realize how much he is growing up. I think he's ready to be a big brother. :)

Don't you like the Dinosaur mask!

4 comments:

Lora said...

Definately the cutest nebulizer mask I've ever seen!

Leslie said...

Don't they just amaze you with how much they can actually endure? I am proud of Kirby, too! I know he will be a fantastic big brother.

Lora said...

Your ticker is getting SO close! 17 more days as of today! How exciting!!!

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

Can't wait to see you on Dec. 9th. Hopefully you'll make it until then.