Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Appointments galore...

Well today was a day of Dr.'s appointments. Kirby turned 18 months old on Friday and today we had his check up. It ended up being good timing because he started his coughing stuff a little yesterday and last night was horrible. So off we went this morning. The check up part went fine. Here are his current stats:

Weight: 22 lbs. 12 oz. (12%) --only up one ounce since 15 months
Height: 33 1/4 inches (70%)
Head: 18 inches (9%)

The good news was his head grew and went up in percentile and he grew enough so his height stayed the same. She didn't seem concerned about his weight since he eats well. Plus we were so concerned with his breathing that weight issues were last on the list. So back to the breathing, he was weezing alot and so she wanted to give him a breathing treatment. This was pure torture for him. I had to hold his arms down and his head still while the nurse held the mask to his face. He screamed the whole time. The good side of that is he was taking extra deep breaths. So we were sent home with a nebulizer and a prescription for abuterol. Tonight should be especially fun.

I also had my 36 week check up at the doctor. I'm happy to report that my weight is still in a good range and my blood pressure is 106/62. Bennett has turned head down, a big YEA! since I thought he was still side ways and that would make even a c-section a little more difficult. So the pregnancy looks great. Only 3 more weeks until we head to the hospital. I can hardly believe it. Tomorrow is my last day working until after Bennett is born, unless we decide I should not go back--that is still up in the air. The next couple of weeks will be full of getting ready for Bennett but most importantly lots of time spent with Kirby. Poor thing, he has no idea what is about to happen. :)

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I am so sorry Kirby had to go through a tramuatic doctor's visit. Having just gone through one, I can totally understand how rotten it must have been.

I hope the meds help....do they have any idea why he was wheezing?

Only 3 more weeks; I can't believe it! I'm so excited for you guys!

Lora said...

Nebulizer plus a small child can never equal a good situation. I hope Kirby takes to it well!

I can't believe Bennett will be here in only 3 weeks! How exciting!

Leslie said...

Okay, that should be 'traumatic.' I can't stand it when I make typos!

I am going to have to Google 'Nebulizer.....'

Anonymous said...

hey rach. are we still on for friday afternoon? can we bring anything? i have missed talking to you this week.

Anonymous said...

Hold on, we're coming!!!