The kids enjoyed a snack of pretzels--they don't get to be fancy.
You see Kirby in the front, then Austen on the left, Corban in the back and Andrew on the right (Luke was having a nap in the bedroom and Corban's sister, Lydia, was at school). I think they had a good time having snack and then playing in Kirby's room. If the toys all over the floor give any indication of fun then they had a blast (thanks for helping clean up Jessie :)

Here is the table all set and ready for us to eat. We had French Toast Souffle, fresh fruit, sausage and coffee. It was so nice to sit and get a chance to chat and fellowship. With children it gets hard to get together, today was really such a blessing for me. And I have to thank Felicia for helping with all the dishes once we were done.

One of my favorite parts was seeing all the kids play together and see how they are all so different. Of course I'm starting to worry about Kirby. Austen and Andrew (Corban too although it's different with him because he is older) want to hang out with there moms. Not Kirby. He was fine coming to check out what we were doing and then going right back to the toys. He likes to do what Andrew does, except for when it comes to spending time with mommy. Oh well, I have to be thankful for Kirby's personality and remember he's just independant, not anti-mommy. :) I do feel bad for Austen though, I hope she doesn't mind always playing with boys.
6 comments:
Rach,
Your table looked wonderful. You really do know "how to do"!
Don't worry about Kirby. Remember it was his house.
Love you all!
Grommy
I bet all of you had a really good time! The table looks gorgeous, and the food sounds yummy!
Rachel, you know I am totally in the same boat with Sam. He is just as independent as Kirby. There are days I have to remind myself he really isn't 'anti-mommy.'
I am just going to assume that my brunch invitation got lost in the mail. :) That looks like a great time.
And I am in awe of the fact that you have one toddler and TWO WEEKS away from having another one and yet you are busy throwing fancy meals.
I really am not liking the precedent you are setting with all of this. When I get pregnant, I have always dreamt of lounging around for ten months, eating crazy foods and having my hubby do everything for me, including foot massages on demand. But nooooooo. That will all fly out the window if he gets wind of what all you have been up to. :) I need some of your energy!
Looks like fun and the table is so pretty!
I'm so excited for Bennett, I can't believe how close it is.
You have to help me wrangle Leslie into coming up there SOON :)
OK JEssie helped clean up, Felicia washed dishes and what did I do? Nurse my baby and leave. So much for being a good friend! I really did have a great time though.
Love~
No worries, all I did was play with Austen while you nursed and the other ladies cleaned. You took care of what was important. :)
And Eliza, I won't tell John if you don't. :)
Post a Comment