Well it appears that I am once again sick. Stan came back from China with a nasty cold, which he passed along to Kirby and I both by the end of last week. So all weekend, while I had to put in so many extra hours getting ready for yesterday's evaluation--which we think went well--I was battling a cold. I developed a cough which has gotten progressively worse. Last night I coughed so hard I was sure my water would break. Today at my normal OB visit he listed to my lungs and yes, I have bronchitis. I don't remeber the last time I have been sick so much. He put me on a Z-pack, inhaler, and Robitussin with codine. I didn't know codine was safe during pregnancy but I have to say Praise the Lord it is. I'll finally get a good night's sleep.
Other than all that mess the rest of th appointment went well. Only gained one pound (I actually haven't had much of an appetite which could be part of that), good blood pressure, and the baby sounded great. Now I just need to get well before Bennett gets here. I just hope I can get well enough to get a flu shot. Keep us in your prayers. Kirby seems to be getting better so hopefully he will avoid all this mess.
4 comments:
Rachel, Rachel, Rachel! Bronchitis?? I am so sorry you are sick again. That must be miserable, especially since you had to work so hard on your evaluation and couldn't rest (I am glad your evaluation went well)! I hope the whole Pittman crew feels better soon.
Feel better soon Rachel! Kirby too! Call me if you need anything. I'm only 10 min away.
Feel better soon sweetie! Lily wants to come visit you, but she doesn't want to contract Chinese Bronchitis :)
Awww...I hope you feel better soon! That is the pits! We're all sick with colds/coughs here at our house, so I'll be thinking about you while I'm stuck inside. Being pregnant and sick is the absolute worst (well, having a sick kid on top of it is even worse!) I hope you all get better soon!!! Hang in there. Baby Bennett is almost here!
Post a Comment