Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A great weekend

I know this is a few days late, but I didn't even get on the internet yesterday. It seems like days go by so fast because things are so busy. Saturday I got up and left pretty early to do some Christmas shopping. I want to get as much done before Bennett is born. When I got home we ate a quick lunch and headed out for a fun family afternoon. First off to the park for some fun. Stan chased Kirby around while I sat on a bench and enjoyed the wonderful weather. We found out Kirby does NOT like the swing. After that we went to the library to look around. We have a new one that is really nice and I wanted to find out what programs they have for children. We also went to the mall to stroll and have a treat. It was nice to get out and not really have anything to do, just be together.
Sunday was filled with church and fellowship. We had lunch with our Sunday School class and then a restful afternoon. It was really a great weekend. Since life is pretty busy leading up to when Bennett is born and then things will be all turned upside down, this weekend was a welcome slower pace.

More to come later. You'll have to excuse the lack of posts, alot of my time alone is spent resting. :) I'm taking advantage while I can.

Oh yeah, and I can't believe four weeks from today Bennett will be born (a month from Sunday!). Four weeks. Wow. That's not long. I've washed all the clothes now I just have to somewhat get a bag packed and things set up. Lots to do! :)

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Rachel! Not you, too! Isn't there anyone else is a lazy sloth like me who procrastinates and waits until the last minute to buy Christmas presents?

It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend - so glad you got to enjoy the nice weather we have had lately. A day spent at the park, library, and mall sounds wonderful; what a nice family outing!

Sam doesn't like the swing at the park either. It used to be his favorite thing when he couldn't walk, but now that he's running everywhere, he can't be bothered with the swing. When Lora and I come visit you, Sam and Kirby can run around the park together. :)

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

So glad you had a restful weekend!
Yea Bennett... hurry up little buddy.

Tonya said...

I can't believe Baby Bennett is almost here:) I can't wait to come and see you in the hospital-not the first day I know-I remember from Kirby:) I can't wait to see Bennett!