Monday, October 16, 2006

Random stuff

Just wanted to let everyone know that I heard from Stan and they have made it safely. They had a 24 hour delay because of a late flight but the airline put them up in the Hyatt Regency--not too shabby. I think it got them all rested for their four day hike, which they leave for first thing Monday morning (Sunday evening our time).

I on the other hand am still battling an ear infection. You would think after 7 days of antibiotic it would be better. I go back for a regular OB appointment on Tuesday so if it isn't any better by then hopefully they can give me something else. Plus I took Kirby to the doctor on Friday because he has had a cough for over a month. His lungs were clear and no wheezing (PRAISE THE LORD!) so they think it is all from drainage due to allergies. He's taking Zyrtec to see if that helps. Let's hope so.

Since I don't have the camera I thought I would leave you with some pictures Paparazzi took of Kirby a couple of weeks ago when they kept him with Granny and Papa Great. I'm sure I'll have more by the end of the week while we are staying in Gastonia.
Kirby loves this horse, usually he just pushes it around though.
Papa Great was trying to teach Kirby to play cards. Hopefully Kirby won't learn how to cheat like Papa Great does--he has no mercy, even on children! :)

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Kirby is so grown. I hope your ear feels better. I can't wait to see Bennett!

Lew said...

That sucks you have an ear infection and you're pregnant...ugh. Ear infections are only supposed to happen to those under 3 years old! Not fair. I hope you feel better soon. Kirby is absolutely precious. Where did Stan go? You mentioned hiking...but I wasn't sure where/why he left.

Leslie said...

I LOVE Kirby in his baseball cap!

CAGB said...

Yeah, I had that horse. Called him "Bucky". But, your son looks cuter on him than I did when I used to ride Bucky at age 9.