Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Beach

I'm finally posting about the beach. This week has been so hectic and I'm not going to lie, I'm tired. Big surprise I know. We had such a wonderful time with everyone at the beach last weekend. It was nice to get to visit with everyone for more than just one afternoon.

We arrived around noon on Saturday and thankfully, since there was a pretty late night the night before, we had only missed breakfast. When we got there we got settled in, had a little bite to eat and let the kids play a bit before nap time. Since us momies (Mary and I in particular) didn't feel much like going to the beach we stayed to chat while the other ladies and some of the guys made there way to the beach. Once everyone was back and we got somewhat organized--not so easy when you have 13 adults and 5 children, four of which are under 2--we all headed to Calabash for dinner. Yummy. I love shrimp. After we came back and settled down. I was ready for a long night of talking but I must say I was a little dissapointed in everyone else. I mean, how often is it that the pregnant lady can out last all the rest. I'm just going to credit that to the fact that most everyone was going on little sleep from the night before.

The next morning Kirby and Sam woke us up talking to each other and ready to go. Pay back for Leslie and I keeping our parents up when we were in Middle School I guess. We enjoyed breakfast and then when we put the babies down Stan and I went for a walk on the beach. We got back to a surprise baby shower thrown by all the SW ladies. Stan tricked me (that dirty liar) and I was deffinitely surprised. It was so nice. We got some things we needed and a really nice Mclaren stroller that we really wanted--they even upgraded us. Thanks everyone, I was so surprised and blessed by the shower. After that it was game time. I have to say I enjoyed all of the food much more than the game. Once the game went off it was time to load up and head back home. We were lucky enough to be able to give JC a ride home so we got even more of a chance to catch up with her and Kirby had a friend to ride with him in the back seat. He had a blast! Here are some pictures--mostly borrowed from Lora. :)


Eliza distracting Lily from the fact that the boys were taking over her toys.
Mary and West. I'm not sure why this picture is smaller than the rest but it's so sweet.
Lily attacking Kirby, I don't think he minds so much.
Oh, now she's getting him good. Stan and I love this one, it looks like Lily is punching Kirby.
That's what he gets for taking her toys!

Everyone enjoying the baby entertainment.
Here I am looking oh so fabulous but excited because I just figured out this is a super nice stroller. Upgrade!!
Lily trying out the Mclaren for us since Kirby was sleeping. She didn't even seem to mind the rain gear.
My cute and delicious cake. Sorry we didn't leave you much boys.

THE END

5 comments:

Lora said...

Yay! I'm glad you finally posted! I will check on the photobucket thing tonight and see if I can figure out if I gave the wrong logon info. I love the pics of Lily beating up Kirby. We're gonna have to put her in a cage or padded room or something. She is definately a handful! I'm SOOOO glad you came, it was great to catch up (in person rather than just blogland)!

Anonymous said...

I needed those pics. Aunt Kitty was going through Kirbs withdrawls. I felt like such a loser checking your site at work all the time. Can't wait to see you and eat chips tomorrow night. oh yeah....i need a pic for my station too!

Lew said...

How fun!! You guys look like you had a blast. It was great to see everyone in your pictures. Our family goes to Ocean Isle every year...it's been a tradition since I was born. I love that beach. Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think you'd ever post again! I was going through Kirby withdrawl :) Yes, I'm still stalking. :)I'm glad to see you had fun at the beach and it looks like the kids had a blast with all of those toys! Robbie comes home in 10 days so we should be up to Raleigh sometime in the next couple of months!! Hopefully, we can all get together soon! We can't let it be another year!

Leslie said...

I love it our boys kept Stan awake the way we used to keep our parents awake. Karma has come back to bite us!