Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Where did we go?!?

First off let me just say that I hate having a cold while being pregnant. I'm finishing week #2 with this awful sinus congestion mess and I'm tired of it. I thought I was getting an ear infections (my second ever, the first came while I was pregnant with Kirby) over the weekend but that seems to have cleared up for now. But let me tell you what is worse. Being sick, pregnant and taking care of a sick toddler. Yes, poor Kirby has caught my cold. As usual though his comes complete with a nasty cough. So until two nights ago he was up several times during the night coughing and crying (because he couldn't catch his breath) meaning that sick mommy and tired daddy didn't get sleep. That past two night have been better, we all got to sleep mostly through the night--I'm already up to peeing twice each night.

Bennett is becoming quite the active baby. Each night while I read or watch TV he is moving away. The best part is that he is obviously getting all his energy out so mommy can have a fairly peaceful night of sleep. Such a considerate baby. Let's hope he stays that way.

Also, today Papa and Granny Great came to have lunch with us and visit. It was nice to see them and I know Kirby likes to show off all his current new moves for them. We had a lot of fun. Thursday we are headed to Florida to visit Stan's family for the long weekend, of course that is if the hurricane cooperates and allows us some safe travel. I promise to take some pictures and I'll even try to post before we leave and while we are there. I know I haven't been doing a great job of keeping up the last couple of weeks. I just plain haven't felt that great. Well that and I broke our wireless internet connection so until Stan fixed it over the weekend it was slightly less convienent to get online. Ooops. As you can imagine Stan was not happy with me and I have to say I was kinda mad at myself. Oh well, all fixed now. :)

Oh and by the way, does anyone have a pregnancy safe home remedy for a cold? Just wondering.

6 comments:

Lora said...

Oh Honey, thats awful! Having a cold while you are pregnant really stinks and there's not much you can do about it. Try lots of warm baths, a humidifier, sudafed, benedryl, tylenol, and stay hydrated. Oh and zinc in your cough drops, it helps make sure the bacteria that is making you sick doesn't continue to grow. You can also try that Airborne stuff, don't know much about it though.

I hope you and Kirby feel better and that Stan gets some rest so you all can have a good vacation.

Also, I love the idea of a 2003 Camry and I would totally buy it if we had that kind of money. Unless you want to sell it for $2000, which I doubt you will :)

Lily is excited about the chicken costume, so don't forget it! We are gonna have so much fun at the beach, I can't wait to cuddle Kirby and pat Bennett!

Anonymous said...

I feel for you, girl. James and I have both had the nasty cold bug that has been going around and I can't imagine battling it without medicine!! Poor thing! Try and get some rest, put your crocked feet up and relax if at all possible!

Ya'll be safe this weekend!!

Jenn Mason

Leslie said...

Poor Kirby! That sounds just miserable for the entire Pittman household. I hope everyone is on the up and up.

I can't help you any with the natural remedies, but it looks like I won't have to - Lora has you covered!

M said...

Cold stuff... humidifier with a few drops of eucalyptus oil (or cinnamon), honey & orange tea, enough water to drown yourself and lots of Vitamin C. Also, garlic and onion are great at killing the bacteria, etc. Some people swear by it- when I was pg I would have rather killed myself than have either in excess.

I hope you guys feel better. Make Stan cover the night time stuff, you need your sleep!!!!

Oh, the absolute best all natural cold cure- prenatal massage. Seriously;)

Lew said...

Awwww...Rachel, I'm so sorry you are sick and pregnant. There really isn't anything much worse than that! I remember when I was pregnant with Clive, I didn't know there was anything you could take for a cold while pregnant. But, I learned when I was pregnant with Van that you can indeed take benedryl and sudafed to clear you up. It helped a ton. Although I was nervous to take anything, my doctor reassured me that it was ok. How are you feeling today? I hope you get to feeling better soon.

CAGB said...

I know I don't know you in real life, but I definitely second the Vitamin C suggestion. It's all I ever do. I couldn't do onion or garlic much either, when I was pregnant. But, water, tea and C is a winning combination.

Feel better. :o)