It seems that Kirby and I are both feeling much better than we were even just a few days ago. Kirby still has a bit of a cough and I still sound like Fran Drescher--from The Nanny--when I talk. Even with all that life must go on. Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions to help me get better. I popped so much sudefed and benedryl the first week I was sick I was really trying to stop--I know it's safe but I still feel bad taking it for long periods of time. Of course I must say I still take Tylonol on a regular basis since I get headaches pretty regularly. So since I was trying to stay away from meds, I went with food rich in vitimin C and TONS of water. I, like Mary, just couldn't bring myself to load up on garlic and onions--the hearburn would have killed me. Anyway, I'm much better now, and hoping my trip to Florida will help me continue to get better. I'll get lots of rest since there will be so many extra hands wanting to help with Kirby. :)
Pray for us as we head down I 95 this afternoon and night. We are planning on leaving around 3:00 which will put us pulling into the Pittman's driveway no later than 11:00--depending on how many stops I need. The projected path of Ernesto predicts land fall in South Carolina late this evening (well as of right now anyway) so we think we will drive past it with only some rain and wind. We keep checking the progress to see if we need to delay our trip or change our route. Look for pictures of Kirby and his cousins. He should have a great weekend!
2 comments:
We can't wait to see you guys!
Glad you're feeling better and I can't wait to see all the Kirby-pics!
Post a Comment